Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
abejita

Alleviate the Frenzy

this is all peach on me, very juicy, very sexy! There's something very crisp too that gives it an almost bubbly or fizzy aspect. 

2020 version

In the bottle: hello peaches in syrup (with a hint of amber)

Wet: The peaches have a lovely almost candied quality, the amber comes out and gives the scent more dimension than "just peaches". It's like peaches in the sunshine. 

Dry: As it dries and the amber comes out, even more, it becomes a sexier scent, but still sophisticated. It feels like a perfume one would wear to a movie premiere, but it can still be worn daily without seeming too unapproachable. 

It's not quite a foodie scent, it is, as some noted, more like a fruity blossom scent. The amber makes it deeper and more evocative than the typical peach-based fragrance. 

I loved this so much that I ordered a backup bottle. It's a beautiful spring/summer perfume but I've been wearing it lately to bring some warmth to my days as the winter gets closer. 

This is really beautiful - the peach is quite sweet and a bit full on at first, but within a few minutes it mellows down into a lovely soft musky peach and retains a gentle sweetness. But the standout here is the sugared amber.. gorgeous, dusky and just the right amount of sugar - this, combined with the peach - could have easily tripped over to candy land but the musk + amber together balance the sweetness perfectly. 

Unfortunately this doesn’t stick around for long on me - my skin just eats it up - but it’s lovely while it lasts 🍑 🧡

This starts off very light peach and sparkling on me - like a champagne but no sense of alcohol. It's lovely. It deepens over time and I get what must be the amber but actually feels slightly woodsy to me. Overall it's a lighter fruity scent that doesn't get too overpowering or too youthful for me. I bit like a more grounded Aglaea.

My skin has eaten the peack at the point of drydown. Too bad, cause it gave this a neccesary depth for me. Now it's just sweet amber. Nope! 

Alleviate the Frenzy has presented me with a flummox of a peach, and it’s got me in quite a state. It’s a slightly sweet and toasted bit of warm, tilted at odd angles with a wonderful sour musk, and it recalls for me Letter 8 in a collection of bizarre correspondence by the hand of surrealist art-witch Remedios Varo. The author has sent a missive to an unidentified scientist with regard to dissolving the skin of a peach, but through the circumstance of a cat’s meow and the mishap of a stranger’s miscast shadow, she has instead dissolved a hole in the atmosphere. This peach presents a shifting cipher whose charms I would very much like to mail a stranger about.