Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
joyfulgirl

Yuletide at Heathrow

Honestly, there are a lot of smells in any given airport that I probably shouldn’t translate into a perfume, but this particular scent was inspired by this radiant ribbon tree at Heathrow and the joyful little girl standing in front of it.

Sparks of snow-white musk dotted with shining bulbs of blackcurrant, plum, and lavender.

this is very pretty, but i think i was hoping this would be sweeter than it is.  something about the snow + white musk reads as ambergris to my nose.  it's lovely and cold, strong but not overpowering and definitely not foody - the blackcurrant and plum add more of a purple herbal vibe to it than *FRUIT*, and the lavender compliments it nicely.  medium to strong throw.  it's not something i would reach for often, but it's very sophisticated and really well blended - i may have to go for a bottle!

Snow, tinsel, and black currant. This smells like Christmas in an airport! You get the snow and cold, you get that tang of metal from the airplanes and tinsel, and just a whiff of black currant to add to the Christmas spirit. Average throw and wear length.

Bright, cold snow with a pop of berries and fruit. The snow/ice note dominates. I can just pick out the blackcurrant/plum, blending together to give the scent a bright fruity edge to it. I do not get any lavender, maybe its mixing with the snow note on me. The scent almost has a carbonated/fruit soda scent to it. Overall, I was surprised a snow/ice blend could smell so bright. Personally, I wish the snow did not dominate the scent as much.

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Imp: Herbal, bright, light.

Skin: pine? Weird. It's not actually pine but gives me that feel. I think the snow-element has an herbal ozone impact that makes me think of... well outside right now. Snow covered pines.

Dry: I was hoping plum would take a larger front in this, but that was just me. This is a strong ozone + herbal blend. The fruit notes aren't fruity, and just add to the overall vibe .

When you look at that tree in the picture though? This is perfect. Electric and festive.

Verdict: Snow-covered electric tree, as advertised! Trust the pictures, not the scent list ;)

Glistening, snowy white musk purpled with plum and blackcurrant, with an airy lavender wafting over.

This smells like a sugar plum fairy.

I've been obsessed with finding the perfect white musk scent lately. In retrospect, I have no clue what possessed me to think this could be it - it will smell like some version of "snow note" on me unless I get horribly lucky, because I amp all snow notes to high heaven.

Wet: Yep, snow. Now granted this is my fave snow note, the one that's in Mat Night, or similar to my nose. Hints of sweetness from the fruit. But so far the white musk I was so hoping for has been stomped all over by snow. I am clearly super rusty at blind bottling things....

Dry: It's for sure morphing a bit, and I am getting a bit more of the other notes now as well. The fruit is faint but sweet and true, not turning plastic like plum sometimes does on me. I do get hints of slightly powdery white musk, but it's not the white musk punch in the face I was hoping for. I wish all snow scents weren't so similar on me. (Also wish I had clued in that snow was a note and not a descriptor of the colour of the musk - lol)

Slushy snow with lavender taking over. I can kinda pick up the carbonated fruit soda thing, but it's hanging out in the background. I was really hoping that the fruit would be more predominant, but I am really amping the lavender.