Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Creation of Lilith

I took this photo of Lilith a few days ago. I told her that it looks like her and Pickle are reenacting Michelangelo’s Creation of Adam, and I show her a pic. She asks what’s going on in it, so I explain the image, and she says… “Well, that’s friggin sexist. It’s stupid to say that boys were created first and to make a whole painting about it. Plus there’s no girls in the photo, and not everyone has boy or girl parts. It’s sexist, and I hate it.”

That was a much, much stronger reaction than I expected, but good on you, kid. Burn the patriarchy down.

And Elohim created Adam in His Image, in the Image of God He created him; male and female He created them. The first woman, created with Adam, in all her darkness and all her light: sweet black pomegranate, French lavender, oakmoss, ti leaf, bakhoor oudh incense, and black fig.

Lavender, oakmoss, and oudh incense. This smells sort of aquatic incensey. Good throw and wear length.

I'm no fan of lavender or figs. Both are no main players in the creation of Lilith. I don't get any fig at all.

In the imp I get more lavender than on my skin. It has quite a strong throw.

The scent reminds me of laundry detergent. Could be the sweetened lavender. There's definitely a incense note to it.

I can never say no to pomegranate--even if I was so burned by the oudh in one of 2017's dead leaves blends that I've all but sworn it off. But there's no poo-poo smell in this gorgeous scent! I'm just getting pomegranate, lavender, and a little sweet, ripe fig--but mostly pom and lavender. If I shove my nose against my wrist, I think I get a hint of the oakmoss. Just lovely. I'll need another bottle.

In the imp, this was largely tart pomegranate, oakmoss, and oudh. On my skin, the oakmoss took off, and the lavender came out, giving me a very masculine-leaning unisex herbal smell that was nice. The oudh started to kick in again, pushing this into a quite masculine, earthy scent with a hint of tart pomegranate in the background. This smells like it would make an amazing candle or room scent, but the oudh is too strong on my skin, unfortunately.