Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dragon Eating Bees

HAHA GET IT? Not bees, B’s.

Might not be that funny to anyone else, but I haven’t had much sleep, so it’s hilarious to me. Dragon’s blood resin, wildflower honey, and beeswax.

Honestly, this was like a ginger type honey on me. I think it may have been the dragon's resin combining with the honey. Delicious. Good throw and wear length.

Mine is fresh out of the mailbox. I find the dragon's blood to be really simple. Not super complex like some I've smelled before. When it was wet I smelled the honey pretty strong. A sweet, non-floral honey note. As it's dried I am noting more of a beeswax note, similar to Lights of Men's Lives, as Duskinhereyes noted. I am hoping with some aging the dragon's blood becomes a bit more complex.

Wet on skin: BAM! the dragon's blood whomps up on the non-floral honey. The beeswax mellows the entire mix just a bit.

Drydown: I have never had three notes work so well together -- so well that in fact I cannot easily discern one note from the other three. Good throw, and we'll see how long it lasts.

Another (bee)keeper!

This might be my new favorite. As the above review pointed out, the 3 notes work beautifully together. The blend into something greater than the sum of their parts and I can't pick out a single note. On me, the aroma is slightly sweet and almost herbal smelling. It's fairly strong on me, with good throw, and I feel like I'm walking around in a glorious miasma of ethereal goodness. After some hours of wear, it's still going strong, but the sweetness has risen to the top and is powdery, but not a gross baby powder. More like herbs lightly dusted with bee pollen. Eh, I'm bad at describing aromas, but this is one of the most amazing scents I own. 

Medicinal, bitter honey in the bottle and on my skin at first, but quickly settles into a super-sweet, vanillic honey and creamy beeswax scent.  The dragon's blood is barely there at all in my aged bottle, just a teeny hint of red, glowing, warm incense underneath all the honeyed sweetness.