Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Well, actually….

Sweet aged patchouli interrupted by a cloud of cedar smoke.

OMG This scent is so perfect for the title!

I amp sweetness, even patchouli, but that cedar smoke is so pungent, that it blocks any sweetness coming through. This is super dry patchouli, none of the delicious chewy, ripe funk that I've come to love in BPALs patchouli.

I may have to see if this Dragon mellows with age. Do men?

Woody patchouli and cedar. This one is a sweet, very wearable patchouli as opposed to stinky hippie patchouli. The cedar gives it a nice warm base. Good throw and wear length.

The only patchouli-based scent I've tried that was this dry and woody was Malediction, but Dragonsplaining isn't nearly as stanky and loud as that one. It doesn't smell like a cookout, but rather, more like the fire before you've begun to cook. I get no sweetness from it, but it's slightly green at first. It's really not cedar itself but the smoke, just as the description says.

Worn only on my wrists, its throw was plenty noticeable but not overpowering, so I'll probably not wear it on my throat or behind my ears.

A rustic and woodsy patchouli, warmed by a little cedar and dusted with smoke.

This dragon was vapor-thin and not at all sweet when it first arrived, but after several days to settle, it has filled out and developed a little sweetness.

I'm especially interested in aging this one more, although I like it at this point, too.

I'm trying to test with reading the notes, and all I got at first was maybe patchouli? After checking notes, yes, patchouli and something else? Smoky? Dear goddess, don't let it be vetiver. Nope, just a hint of cedar with wisps of pungent smoke. As it dries, the patch sweetens up and the smoke still stays snarky. All I could think of is yep, take that you jerk, trying to dragonsplain the dragon. In your face!

I may need to hunt down a partial bottle, for those days when I'm feeling don't f#ck with me. Perhaps I'll smell offputting enough that the powers that be will stay away. It could happen...

Dragonsplaining is a very dry woodsy scent. Masculine. Cedar and a tame, yet strong, patchouli dance around each other, with an almost sweetness coming through in the drydown and a light curl of smoke. 
It’s not something I really feel I’d reach for, though it’s not funky or too smoky. 

I wore Dragonsplaining this morning and thought that it was a sandalwood single note.  The wood is dry, slightly creamy-smooth, and has that calm, meditative presence to it.  I don't get any patchouli or smoke at all.  Only strong for about an hour and fades quickly after that.