Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Peach-tinted pale musk with neroli, ambergris accord, and champaca absolute.

OH HAI THERE CHAMPACA WOW SO CHAMPACA VERY INCENSE MUCH SMOLDER
this one isn’t bad but not really what I was looking for, was hoping to hear from the neroli and ambergris, something light and oceanic but nah. Don’t freak out peoples bc everyone has different skin but on me this could be a dupe of Streets of Detroit.

Dry: Funky salty champaca.

Dry-down: Champaca-dominant, slightly fruity. Musk comes out over time. Ends up a salty, nutty champaca with a hint of peach.

I love this one so much, I just wish it was stronger.

First on it is very much peach forward, drying down to a beautiful, delicate floral/peach musk. For what it's worth I am not getting even a drop of champaca and I'm fine with that. The biggest issue is that this stuff has ZERO sillage. If I could walk around with nose glued to my wrist then Memorials of Friendship would be 5/5. As it is, I've got to drop it down to a 3 because it's still really pretty. It reminds me of Jennie Rogers, even though the two have hardly any notes in common.

Peach, neroli, and champaca. On wet, it's mainly a fruity peach and neroli, but as it dries the smoky champaca comes out adding depth. Good throw and wear length.

Wet: Peach, with neroli's bitter edge. It's not unpleasantly bitter here though, as it often is. Actually, maybe "peppery" would be a better word for what I am getting in this instance, rather than bitter. Yes, very peppery. So much so that I just re-checked the notes to see if pepper was listed. My guess is it's the combo of neroli and champaca creating this pepperiness. I wanted to try this because of peach musk and ambergris - I smell neither.

Dry: This dries really pretty. Simple, but pretty. Sweet fruity musk with hints of incense and floral. It's very very light on me though. If this were stronger, I would be tempted to get a bottle, it really is lovely and super wearable. But I can smell no silage, and I have to stuff my face into my elbow to even get a whiff, so this one is sadly not for my skin. Really pretty though! I bet the musk and ambergris age well also.

This starts off strongly smelling like a peach candy, but that scent quickly moves to the background. Then the champaca comes forward. In this it's kind of a powdery champaca, more like nag champa incense than champaca flower. The neroli is definitely present but it's buried underneath the champaca. Just the barest hint of an orangey floral. I honestly don't get any ambergris here which is strange. This one does seem to vary a lot based on skin chem. On me this ends up being champaca on a light peach candy musk. Good throw and long wear length.

In the imp this smells somewhere between peach candy and hairspray. Wet it is peach candy with incensy champaca, which I hope won't go sharp on me. Dry the ambergris amps on me giving a warm, lightly sweet musky base. The peach lightens up and gives a lightly fruity breeze, and the neroli is heady and a bit bitter, cutting some of the sweetness. The champaca adds the incensy vibe and is a little sharp, but is balanced by the sweeter notes.

Hm. I get a musky peach initially, and now it's peach/sweet champaca. Not much throw. It's nice and good for springtime, but not generally my style. I might use it to practice making bath bombs or body spray or something.