Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

He Who Soothes the Storm: languid lavender pacifying a tumultuous wave of salt water, guiac wood, and cedar.

Whoa, this is beautiful!

It is a very masculine lavender.

The guiac wood adds just a touch of natural sweetness, the cedar grounds it. The lavender stays dominant throughout.

I don't get any aquatic from this, it just seems like a clean, fresh airy floral with just a whisper of woods. Soft, not bracing.

It is the kind of scent that seems unexpected, daring and sexy, yet still gentle and inviting. I suspect a lot of people will want to buy this for their significant others, so they can cuddle up to Aegir.

Exactly what previous reviewer said! Seriously, spot-on, except that I'd add I can smell the saltiness, which smells better than it sounds. This would be delicious on a guy, but is certainly multi-sex! Dorian's rakish sea-faring cousin.

Edited by djnevermore

Sea-faring masculine lavender. I get lavender and musky woody base. Very pirate-based lavender. Medium throw and wear length.

I surprisingly love this. I'm not an aquatics person, nor lavender for daily wear. However, the saltiness tames the medicinal side of the lavender. I still don't understand how these scents work together. I wish I had of bought a backup bottle!

I bought Aegir because I fell in love with the imp of Silence that came in my Black Friday order. I'm already halfway through that imp because it's become my favorite sleep scent. So when I saw lavender and cedar as notes in Aegir, I thought it might hit the spot similarly.

It's not quite the same, but I do like it! Aegir starts out a little nutty in the first few minutes, and then becomes lavender/cedar/salt. Others have mentioned that there's something masculine about it, and I would agree, and I'm not sure which note is creating that impression. It would keep Aegir from becoming a day scent for me, but for sleep I don't mind it. It's beautifully calm, soothing, and oceanic without being ozoney. I slept in it last night with good results. I think it would smell amazing on a guy too.

I was frimped a tester of Aegir; I would never have tried it otherwise. Lavender tends to be really sharp on me, and I don't do aquatics. But I try the things that come my way, and this is surprisingly lovely. It's not a sharp, screechy lavender at all; it really is a languid lavender (Lab, if you're reading this, more languid lavender, please!!). I'm not familiar with guiac, but the cedar is toned down as well, so it's like opening a cedar chest to find old sprigs of lavender inside, not like pencil shavings. I think I prefer saltwater to freshwater notes; this does not do the laundry detergent thing most aquatics do on my skin. The saltwater is kind of grounding and works beautifully with the lavender and wood notes. And I dig the description of this as piratical lavender! I kind of love this and think it would make a great sleep scent. I wish I had more of it!