Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Pumpkin Latte Hair Gloss

Espresso, pumpkin syrup, smoky vanilla bean, milk, raw sugar, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

I always have to try anything the Post (or Lab) puts out that has coffee in it. Again, my sniffer is working at about 96%, so I will do my best.

Sniffing, oh yum...I get the espresso and pumpkin first! Very rich and so good. Sprayed in my damp hair, I get all the notes right away! After a few minutes, I get the milky and smoky vanilla. The espresso and pumpkin take a back seat, but this is still so very good.

If you loved this in perfume form, then get this. It is also surprisingly not heavy... present, but it stays close to me and has a low to medium throw. Again though, my nose isn't all there. But I think this is a wonderful winner!

If you have ever had Lapsang Souchong tea, this smelled a lot like that in my hair--apparently I amped the smoky vanilla note, and it was a very smoky scent (the tea isn't present, just the smoky note from Lapsang) and then I get a little coffee and pumpkin. This was interesting to try but I don't know it seemed like actual pumpkin latte on me.

Mmmm, I didn't think I would like this much, but it's way yummier than I anticipated. It actually smells more like a chai latte to me. With cookies. I get some sort of pastry note. Oh wait, now I am getting the coffee. Yuuum. This will go with any of the coffee and spice scents I have, like Café Mille. Keeper!!

You know how Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes more like pie spices than either coffee or pumpkin? It's sort of the same way. I get a ton more of the vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and maybe a whiff of pumpkin. If there is coffee, it has retreated to some corner somewhere to hide out and ride out the invasion that PSL represents and who knows if it will ever emerge. I don't blame the coffee. It's fierce out there.

Usually, I will test a hair gloss on my hair twice before making a review (once on wet hair, once on dry). For this one, I didn't test it on my hair at all. I sprayed it on a paper towel (and it still smells strongly of it the next day). So maybe treat this review as more of an impression than a proper review.

Pumpkin Latte smells mostly like pumpkin syrup, milk, and spices mixed with some sugar and vanilla (the vanilla is not particularly smoky). Although espresso is the first note listed, I get very little of it here, in the decant or once sprayed. There is a bit of bitterness from it in the background, but I had to search for it.

This is much better than Pumpkin Latte perfume oil, which was a fail on my skin chemistry. I was hoping for more espresso from this, as I was looking for a hair gloss to pair with a few coffee scents, but this would probably be better to pair with pumpkin scents, IMO.

In the Sample: Smells almost like pumpkin muffins to me.

On Me: Pumpkin spice for sure, don't really smell like muffins now. I cannot smell any coffee, but I do smell some vanilla. I think the pumpkin is still there, but it's being overshadowed by the spices. Combined with my Mouse Circus perfume oil, I smell like I've been working at the carnival all day.

My first Hair Gloss and I can totally understand the hype now! For someone who doesn't eat pumpkin, I appreciate this. But I'd say if you were a super pumpkin fan, maybe layering this with a heavier pumpkin scent would be good. However, I truly cannot smell any coffee and for me that is a bit of a bummer. Glad I tried this, but now I'm more curious about the other pumpkin hair glosses.