Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

Abandoned Car Atmosphere Spray

Cracked, peeling leather, creeping sheets of corrosion, exposed wires, and congealed pools of motor oil.

There is something completely creepy and off about this scent. A scent of metal, old oil, and wiring runs throughout with a hint of old car grease streaked through old leather. Definitely glad to try it...but since my decant exploded everywhere in my package, I now know it's definitely not for ,me.

This is very much "old car". That musky slightly oily smell that you get when you climb into a car that has been sitting for awhile. Dusty, unused, mechanically not sound, just old with probably rust and mice living somewhere in it. And having said all of that I LOVE THIS!! I actually sort of like the smell of old cars. Not sure why. I played in them tons when I was a kid so maybe it put me back into that sort of memory but this is big bottle worthy.

This churned my tummy and made me tilt my head for a second - might be because of that olllllddd leather and dust mixing together. However, this is spot-on. My grandfather was passionate about cars and all things mechanical, but being he was forgetful and liked to, er, collect things, many of his projects just, well, sat. Before my grandmother spurred him to clear it, their yard was mini scrapyard of sorts - kind of a picker's delight. I never really shared his zeal for it all, but it was nice to watch his eyes light up while attempting to explain something to me. He's gone now, I'm sad to say, but in this bottle is a little bit of what he used to love.

The Haunted Locations line really has a profound effect on me. I'm definitely hoping to scoop up a couple more while they're still around.

:ugh: This is not my cup of tea. It smells like a meat smoker. I am not a fan of smoke notes at all anymore since I was in the Napa and Santa Rosa fires. The leather note is the same as Burning Book to me. I used to love Burning Book but my scent preferences have changed.

I do not get any motor oil from this. I get a lot of a "charred" leather smell. Smoke and leather with a hint of dust and metal.

Leather, motor oil, and a tinge of metal. This one smells dark, and decrepit, and honestly, it would go perfectly as a Streets of Detroit atmosphere vibe. It's very Only Lovers Left Alive - dead, but in your face.

This smells like scorched cumin and metal. There might also be some bbq-y vetiver contributing a smoke note, because I also get meat-y vibes whenever I sniff this. The cracked leather and motor oil reside beneath this funk.

NOPE NOPE NOPE.

ETA: The boy smelled it and curled up his nose and said, "Taco meat!?" So yeah. So much cumin.

Edited by doomsday_disco