Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rachelos

Dead Leaves, Tuscan Leather, White Amber, and Mimosa Blossom

[No additional description provided.]

This is man's scent to me. Not like Dee or Shadwell that you can get away with wearing as a woman. Not sure if that's the Dead Leaves aspect or the Tuscan Leather. But it's bright in the beginning, unique, expensive seeming men's perfume/cologne.

I took a risk blind-bottling this one, based on how much I liked Dead leaves, Raw Leather, Bourbon Vanilla, and Clove last year, and I LOVE it. It starts of with a sweet, light floral backed up with incredibly smooth and delicious amber. The leaves and leather play a supporting role for a while, but eventually the mimosa fades a bit and everything balances out. I'm not a huge floral person and I had no idea what mimosa blossom smelled like, but I really like this combination.

I would recommend giving it a try if you liked last year's dead leaves, raw leather, etc. It's not quite the same leather, but it is one of the softer ones, and the leather + leaves combo is similar.

This is warm tuscan leather with Too much cologne note in the dead leaves with a sweeter mimosa blossom. So not a fan of this. It's just too much man for me. Good thing my soon to be brother in law stopped by, tried it, and is in love.

Off to a new home as I figure this one would be a hard sell/swap.

I get a ton of white amber with mimosa, and hints of white leather and dead leaves. It ends up as a very autumnal fougere-type of blend. It's more of a classic cologne than I anticipated. Very gender neutral and clean. Good throw and wear length.

Wet: This is the cologne dead leaves note, if anyone was wondering. The one that smells nothing like dead leaves on me...the white leather smells similar to the Lab's metal note on me - which also smells like cologne, and chemicals. So far, this is not for me at all.

Dry: Has a "classic cologne" vibe. Sadly I am never able to wear this dead leaves not, it seems. I sometimes wish the Lab advertise WHICH of their dead leaves notes would be in which blends (same thing with the snow notes) sort of like how musks are differentiated with colours or something. Anyway, I will likely never stop trying them, because there are a couple dead leaves notes that I really do love. Sadly - not this one.

When I got it December 17:

Sadly I only smell floral here, no leaves, no amber no leather. Only floral, no scent for me.

Now after 2 months aging:

It is now much better then before. Now I can smell the Amber base and there's a bitterness which I guess is from the dead leaves note. Now the floral is way more in the background which makes it way better!

Edited by mandragora369

this is super cologney and bright. i think it's all dead leaves and mimosa on me with hints of leather. the dead leaves smell like aftershave or fresh, clean soap. this scent is not for me. i was hoping for more leather, amber and mimosa, but this is almost all leafy-green!