paperflowers

The Spectral Flower Girl

The ghosts swarm.
They speak as one
person. Each
loves you. Each
has left something
undone…

With love to Rae Armantrout for the poem.

Black lilies, red roses, and baby’s breath.

A mild light flower scent with a shot of something metallic in the background. Vanilla? Midway? The dry down is a lightly warmed gourmand scent. Clean soap, roses. After 2hrs it faded to a faint rose-soap scent. This is bottle worthy for me.

In the bottle: nail polish remover

Wet: Beautiful red rose like the one in Peacock Queen (that one does the wierd nail polish thing on me too) and lily

Dry: The lily goes slightly soapy but the rose stays so fresh and sweet. Smells very elegant and clean.

This is such a beautiful scent. I just got my order of Liliths in today, and I'm usually more of a gourmand person, but I could not stop huffing my arm with this! I waffled on this one when I ordered because I have so many rose scents, but this is stunning! So glad I got a bottle!

Edited by soniahgreen

I was pipe-dreaming of something akin to Lucille with this, with the rose/black lily combo, but now that it's here, it reminds me more of Fresh and Blooming as a Rose from BPTP's Yules a couple years ago. Except I like this one better, as it has a "perfumy" element to it that smells more mature and upscale than Fresh and Blooming. I'm getting this very elegant lily note and a rose that comes across as "sweetened," like maybe there's an unspoken amber note in here. Definitely going to be looking into a bottle. Rose fans need this.

Bewitching rose, the black lily adds a touch of darkness that makes me think of black satin and red lips.
The baby's breath gives it sort of a vintage vibe.
Very much a low throw skin-scent on me, intimate and elegant.

Red roses, darkened by black lily. This is a dark, satiny, red rose. Much more mature and sophisticated than what you'd expect. Very vintage style.

I'm not sure what baby's breath smells like, but this is very lily-heavy on me. Right when I put it on it borders on SOAPY, but there is something sinister underneath it - so....sinister soap? I'm not sure.

I skin-tested this randomly, without looking at the notes first, and my first thought was "this smells like Lucille Sharpe!" When I looked up the notes and saw the combination of red roses and black lilies, it suddenly made sense why I was reminded of Lucille Sharpe. This isn't quite as complex as Lucille Sharpe. It's missing the plum musk that darkens Lucille, *but* it's a passable dupe if you're running really low on your beloved bottle of Lucille Sharpe and don't want to sell a kidney to get another.

Wet: WOW. That rose packs a punch. Its a really deep, rich, dark rose. It's a heady scent. The lily smells nothing like other lily I have smelled (often smells like wet cardboard on me, eew). This is such a dark, creepily beautiful scent. I don't think I have tried a rose scent I liked this much in years! There's something about it that is eerie and sexy at the same time.

Dry: This is utterly gorgeous. Juicy, almost fruity rose with other lush dark florals (I honestly can't distinguish between the two other floral notes). This is one of those scents that seems so much more than the sum of its parts, and I think that's why/how it can, in fact, smell similar to Lucille. I thought whoahorsey had perhaps gone nuts. I assure you, she has not. They are similar. I will need a bottle. Or several....

"Girl" indeed. To me this is a sweet, little-girly floral blend. The lilies and roses share top billing. I never thought about baby's breath, a filler in bouquets, having its own scent, but I suppose it does here. Going to suggest it to my daughter, age 9.