Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Leopard403

His Own Heart Laughed Bath Oil

Winter cherries and a slush of merry snow.

His Own Heart Laughed is an interesting scent. I was hoping it would smell like a cherry slushie, and I was both right and wrong.

In the bottle: Smells like a mixture of Snow White and bright red cherries. If only it stayed this way!

On dry skin as a moisturizer: There's a more medicinal hint to the blend, as often happens with cherry scents.

In the bath: Surprisingly green! It's like the red cherries were attached to holly boughs!

After the bath: It doesn't last very long on my skin at all. There's just a vague fruitiness left behind if I smell very closely.

Well it's my first bath of 2017, or last of 2016 depending on time zone. I have my pink floof w the tiny tongs and some fizzy drink.

The snow here with the very bright cherries makes me smile and mouth water. It reminds me of the red/white/ blue firecracker popsicoes. Of course I only ever ate the red and white portion. And what I smell in the tub is a dead ringer for that effervescent red cherry w a sweet white fizzy.

The snow has a hint of evergreen, but zero coconut or plastic.

Verdict: quite happy and I'm happy I have two bottles. It's just the right a,punt of fruit. ... downside... while it lasted... fleeting laughter

Cherry Snow White. Fresh and lovely. I don't generally buy backups but this one is so pretty I may just to be safe. If you're a fan of Snow White and like the Lab's cherry note, YOU NEED DIS.

It smells like a better version of a cherry slushie from 7-11. I don't really get "Snow White" as the cold base, but it does smell icy and slushy and a bit sweet, and the cherry is not at all the medicinal darker cherry, but bright light red cherries. Got a sample and had to have a whole bottle. Much more foodie-friendly than I expected - I'm normally not a foodie-scent person, but when it comes to bath stuff, I like a little extra sweetness, and this has it.

Cherries and piney snow. I get a ton of bright cherry notes, and piney-wintery sugary snow. Definitely a cherry slushie!

I prefer to use this on dry skin as a moisturizer or right after a bath/shower. I'd use it in the bath if I had another bottle on standby, lol.

In the bottle, I get the red cherries with some pine/evergreen. It's really pleasant. I can see the cherry slush vibes some have mentioned.

On dry skin: what a blast of cherry! It has a slight medicinal hint to it, but then it shifts to sweet evergreen and stays that way for several hours.

After bath/shower: the cherry lingers a little longer but then it does that same shift.

I appreciate that it doesn't morphe, though I wish the cherries would stick around longer. 

Edited by Thuy