Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Alaeidrel

Jojo the Dog Faced Boy

A playful, soft brown musk with balsam leather, wild juniper, lavender, and sweet sage.

This is not what I expected, but it's beautiful. I put it on right out of the mail so it may develop even more as it settles.

Immediately after putting it on, I started wondering which of our current houseguests had used a scented lotion that I had touched. It took a moment to realize it was wafting off my wrist!

I'm getting something oddly floral but snuggly from Jojo, wafting as I move. I think it's the sage, this gorgeous heady high note that codes as floral but without the headache I get from flowers. When I sniff closer to my wrist I get musk and juniper, a little bit on the aquatic side, and only hints of leather.

I can't wait to try this again after it rests. It's gorgeous and strange already.

Jojo was softer and cuddlier than I expected. Brown musk, touch of lavender, touch of juniper. The lavender adds this cuddly aspect to the brown musk. And there's a bit of sage that makes it a little more gender neutral. Soft throw, good wear length.

This is much sweeter and has much more lavender than I expected! (Thank you to the thoughtful friend who gave me a tester of this! <3 )

Unfortunately, the juniper turns this really soapy on me, otherwise it would be lovely lavender and musk.

I expected a lot of musk and leather, but I can barely pick out those notes. I get lots of creamy, sweet, lavender scented soap and hints of dry, herbal sage and juniper's damp evergreen smell. It smells like a spa fragrance. I get a bit of powdery brown musk in the drydown, but it's still mostly lavender.

I got this based on the reviews that the leather isn't very strong because all the other notes sounded so lovely to me, but I do not do well with leather. And I'm happy to report I get maaybe 2 seconds of super soft leather max Soo if you're looking for a leather blend this definitely isn't it, but if you're looking for a clean cuddly spa scent this is definitely it!

Wet/in bottle: this is way sweeter and more perfumey than I expected - it almost has a floral aspect. Based on this impression alone it was headed to the destash pile ...

On skin: fresh and cuddly all at the same time - it really is like a spa fragrance in that it smells clean and relaxing, but for me it's the elusive daytime lavender. I'm a lavender fiend but only have one or two other lavenders that I enjoy wearing during the day. It's not a sharp lavender/it has a little sweetness (maybe from the sage?) but it's really not a super sweet blend anymore. I think the sage keeps it fresh and the musk keeps it warm - it's an interesting concept, but it works!

Drydown: it's aaaalmost soapy, but in a way I like - like a high end soap rather than irish spring. Low throw, so its like clean, straight from the spa skin - great for work. I don't think to wear this one cuz much the smell from the bottle is a bit off-putting, but I have to remember what it's like on skin !

Edited by slo

I"m sad I don't get more musk or leather. I'm sure those notes would have worked well with the others.

I definitely get "soapy" as a general smell. If I sniff closer I get a juicy sweet note -- almost lime?? And sage. It's a very low throw too.