Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Teatime in Roswell Hair Gloss

The Lunacy poll winner is TEATIME IN ROSWELL… Atmosphere Spray. But Teddy knows you love hair gloss, and Teddy loves you, so here’s some Hair Gloss as well!

Weather balloon? No.
An alien autopsy,
A cover story.

In July of 1947, the US Air Force recovered the crash debris of multiple alien spacecrafts from a ranch close to Roswell, NM. Several aliens survived, but many perished. Both the living and the dead extraterrestrials were transported, in secret, to Hangar 18 at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, along with the flying saucer wreckage. The US government performed a quick, efficient cover-up: witnesses were silenced, and a press release was issued the next day claiming that the fallen craft was a weather balloon.
Aliens at high tea: Earl Grey, biscuits, Battenberg cake, and strangely-glowing cucumber sandwiches.

Wasn't even going to get this, but I decanted it out to some lovely ladies, and of course, kept a bit for myself. I am not a tea fan and I love to eat cucumbers, but not too sure I want to smell like one! :)

In the bottle - Sniffing this, I get all the notes, tea, sweet cake, and there it is... cucumber!

In damp hair - Oh no.... all I seem to be getting is faint tea and cucumber. It's refreshing, no doubt, but not too keen on smelling just the cucumber. Sad.

Luckily, it has a low throw on me so I am hoping it will fade away. Oh well... just not for me. :)

Fresh out of the mail! Couldn't wait to try it.

I have tried the perfume - it was not good on me. It was lovely tea and cake at first (what I hoped for) but dried to cucumber, which I don't care for. I decided to give this a go, in hopes that it was a skin chemistry thing, and this would smell mostly of tea on my hair.

In the bottle, it smells mostly like cake, and lovely perfumey Earl Grey. I actually don't smell the cucumber in the bottle, which is kind of exciting.

I am testing by directing the spray half at my arm and half at a tissue (my hair already has another HG in it, and I am too impatient to wait). I am hoping that by testing on a tissue I will eliminate any skin chemistry issues.

Mmm, cake and tea! just like I wished for! No icky cucumber yet, not even on my arm. This is amazing. The tea is more evident on the tissue, my skin is amping sweet cake. This is summery, sweet, foodie without being cloying. I am thoroughly enjoying it, but still so worried cucumber will eventually rear it's ugly head. I will edit my review if it does, but the scent is fully dry, absorbed into my skin, and smells amazing. So glad I took a chance!

I've never tried the perfume so I had no idea what to expect with this.

I initially get the cake and tea but it's not long before the cucumber comes out a little stronger and gorgeously blends everything together! I really really like this-it's unique and refreshing-and the label art is legit

****edit****It just occurred to me what this HG reminds me of-Blue Moon 2004!!! It has to be the cucumber because when this HG dries down it has that same cool blue cucumber smell I get from blue moon 2004

Edited by princessbeena

Cake, tea, and cucumber. It's foodie and fresh, and perfect for the summer. It's like a light summery vanilla cake with enough fresh tea and cucumber to keep it light and frothy.

If you get your hands on it, you won't regret it!

I'm still sad that this won out in the monthly poll over Crawdad Dream, lol. I didn't get any cake from the Teatime in Roswell perfume oil and I don't really smell cake in the hair gloss either. It's a clean, sharp, crisp tea that reminds me of bpal's Asian inspired lunacy blends. Lots of watery cucumber and citrusy tea. On a side note, Solstice Scents has a fragrance called 'Blossom Jam Tea Cakes' that really does smell like tea, dainty cakes and biscuits, and that is my go-to for this type of fragrance. Teatime in Roswell isn't sweet enough for me.

Edited by Little Bird

I finally got my hands on this as I was broke when it first came out. Fresh out of the very hot mail-box this is a molasses brown sugar pie with cucumbers and light tea with a hint of cool shadowy room in summertime . I love this!!! It is going to go into my heavy rotation as I've been needing something like this for summer since I ran out of white tea and sage which is my other hot weather blend. I'm going to be layering with amsterdam, tombstone, kumiho, and ava, which are my summer perfume regulars. I really enjoy this and look forward to catching more of the notes with continued wear as they seem to take turns dancing to the forefront together in different combinations.