Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Love Smooch

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
– Oscar Wilde

Pink roses, sugared pomegranate, apple blossom, white ginger, and velvet-white vanilla.

The pink roses, sugared pomegranate, and vanilla notes are the most prominent notes in the jar.
In use, I get all of those notes, as well as the apple blossom. I didn't really smell the white ginger when I used it.

It's a rather scrubby scrub, as it is comprised of sugar and actual pomegranate seeds.

The scent does linger after use, but it stays really close to the skin. it is mostly the vanilla, pink roses, and sugared pomegranate.

I'm glad I bought it!

Origin: Straight from the Post

In the Jar: Sugary-sweet but light, lots of pomegranate. I'm not getting a lot of rose.

In the Shower: It's delightfully scrubby. People with sensitive skin should be gentle with it. Mostly I'm getting the vanilla, maybe a bit of rose.

After the Shower: I didn't use a huge amount when scrubbing, but I am getting very little scent afterward. For me that's potentially to the good since rose and I have a dubious relationship. But my skin is satiny-smooth now.

Verdict: The scrub part is a winner. The scent is mild for me, though. I'll certainly use up this jar, but I don't think I need to buy more.

A sweet and carefree fruity floral. This is primarily juicy pomegranates and light pink apple and rose blooms on me. It's quite airy and unobtrusive, refreshing! The scrub is quite scrubby with sugar and little bits of seeds and perhaps petals (?) in it so those looking to exfoliate will find it does well.

I personally have sensitive dry skin so I chose to lightly smooth on, let it sit, and then rinse off.

The scent is fleeting, unfortunately, after the rinse off, and doesn't last very long outside of the shower once I've toweled dry. It's a shame because the scent itself is a winner. Still, it's a lovely experience in the shower. I don't think I'll go for more than a decant since it's a bit too harsh for my overly sensitive skin but I'll treasure this lovely-scented bit I do have!

I LOVE Smooches, they have seriously my skin. That being said, this is just a review of the scent.

This is very fruity, to my nose. I feel like I am smelling apple (the fruit) as well as the apple blossom. I don't pick up much of the rose at all, and I don't detect vanilla or ginger. Mainly just a fruity scent, to me, but lovely for spring/summer and I am glad I got it. I like it enough that I may grab another one before they come down, as I go through Smooches at an alarming rate.

Apple blossom, ginger and a hint of pink roses. This one was mainly an apple blossom/pink roses scent. Very clean, because of the apple blossom. Fruity, clean, and delicately rosey.

The jar I got of this was very oily, and smells like sugary fruit juice (apple and white grape, maybe) and gummi bears. Sugary, nondescript fruitiness. I was hoping for more rose and vanilla. It's too fruity for me.

This is the first Smooch I've used, and I like the scrub a lot. With the large sugar crystals it's pretty scrubby. I have to be careful not to scrub too hard with it on my face or it may hurt after the shower. It has a nice texture though and leaves my skin feeling smooth.

It smells nice in the jar and while I'm using it, but the smell doesn't linger for very long on my skin. I haven't really tried to analyze the notes super closely but it's mostly a sweet rose, slightly fruity, that reminds me of my childhood, particularly a toy I had that was this machine thing that folded paper strips into a rose shape -- the strips were rose scented and certain rose notes remind me of it. This is one of them.

Though BPTP recommended using this product within 30 days, I've been using it for a few months (and have used maybe half the jar) and it still seems to be fine. It might smell a bit less strongly than when I first opened it but I haven't noticed much difference.

I will be sad when this thing is gone and I hope they bring it back again!