Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

The Hall's Foyer at Dusk Atmosphere Spray

A staircase ascends past jutting balconies towards a crumbling ceiling as misshapen shadows creep through the gloom.

Ancient dark wood, decades of dust, floorboards oozing with red clay, and a roaring fire that casts no warmth.

This atmo is very different from the other house themed atmo. This is much drier and more dusty. There is a sharpness to the dark that even has a slightly peppery scent to it.

Wood, clay, and hints of dust. It's a darker, slightly more ominous, and sharper version of Miskatonic University. It's somewhat masculine to my nose.

This one is more sinister than the other Crimson Peak atmos I've sniffed so far. I pick up the dusty woods and shadowy, spicy incense. The red clay note is very interesting, smelling earthy but moist and red at the same time. My nose picks up hints of what might be dragonsblood and something fruity, like black cherry, that both add to the richness of this shadowy blend.

I must say I never would have guessed that I would find dark, chilly scents like this so appealing, but the CP atmos are beautiful!

This scent is so perfect! Sinister but not off-putting. I sprayed some in a small spot on my shower curtain, and I can't stop sniffing the air! It has good waft. It smells dusty and cold and I also thought I detected a hint of dragon's blood, This reminds me a little of a BPAL perfume I have tried, but I can't quite figure it out. In any case, I am enjoying this one and might upgrade my decant to a bottle.

I am deeply in love with the creepy weirdness of this spray. It reminds me of scents like Bruno Fazzolari's Room 237, which was an homage to the bathtub scene in The Shining. The Hall's Foyer reminds me of every creepy shower scene in every horror movie. Dusty, ghostly, with whiffs of smoky resin and spicy, old wood, covered up with hints of fresh shower curtain plastic and cold, damp stone tiles. I love how cold this smells, and the mix of dirty/heavy/dusty with clean notes. It's dusty and damp at the same time, but smells really good. It smells like being in the fancy bathroom of an old resort and just feeling like something isn't quite right and everything around you is beautifully aged and incredibly haunted.

I'm not a big fan of dragon's blood or red musk, so this one isn't really for me. I get strong dragon's blood and menthol immediately after spraying this, but the dragon's blood is the main note I get, with perhaps some red musk and some velvety dark amber mingling with it that makes me think of curtains or old tapestries. The mix of warm and cold is interesting, but sadly, the menthol part didn't stick around very long. It is evocative of what it was aiming to capture, though.

Edited by doomsday_disco