Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Elf Hair Gloss

Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

This is everything I wanted it to be and then some. Aspen is effing magical, you guys. The evergreen aspect of this scent makes it very winter-appropriate, but who am I kidding? I’m wearing this sucker year-round. Can't. Get. Enough.

On the surface, it’s a simple and sophisticated sweet-forest-woods scent: honeyed amber and golden musk eating berries in the forest. But DAMN, y’all. There’s a rich complexity here that really blooms once it hits my hair and I can’t even put it into words. Yeah, the gloss does everything it’s supposed to and all that ... but O! the dreamlike brilliance that is Elf! Golden and ethereal and haunting and magical. It’s the comfortable stillness of walking through an ancient forest resplendent with dewy fairy flowers and a swirl of sweet honey and berries in the air. It's absolutely enchanting, and I’m sorely tempted to sell every other hair gloss I own to make room for more of this. If Elf disappears quickly on your skin or you enjoy scents like Fae Forest, try the perfection that is Elf hair gloss.

I wish this was GC. I feel like a freaking wood nymph wearing this, it's epic. The aspen is a beautiful piney note without seeming medicinal, the honey and berries never get too sweet, and the violet note is stunning.

I will cherish this bottle to the last drop.

I decided to take a gamble on a bottle of this, and I'm glad I did! It's gorgeous, I kind of wish I'd bought a second bottle. This reminds me of the smells of Christmas, though it's definitely wearable any time of year. I can see this being used a lot in the Summer because it's so refreshing.

To my nose, this smells of sweet sharp pine trees covered in a gentle snow, fresh holly berries and a light ethereal musk surrounding it all in a glorious aura of magic. I might just turn into an elf from wearing it. I adore Elf and encourage you to grab a bottle while you can! :wub2:

Oh, this is beautiful. This gloss is foresty goodness--sun-drenched and green with sweet honeycomb, berries, and soft violets. The combination is totally stunning. I'm so glad that I gave Elf a try!

This is just like the perfume, only somehow better. If that's even possible.

It's refreshing, a little cooling and very gorgeous for the upcoming Spring weather but I do think it can be worn all year round seeing as I wear the perfume all year round. I get a blast of berry and violet when it's first applied to my hair and usually violet of any kind goes straight to powder, this does not. The more it sits on my hair the more the musk comes forth and balances the lighter scents and makes me feel like I am walking through a sunlit forest picking fresh berries and herbs. I absolutely adore this and everyone needs to try it.

Oh please make this GC! That would be wonderful!

I was skeptical in trying this, since ambers, any florals, woodsy notes tend to not like me, but I thought, what the heck.

Add me to the "why didn't I get a full bottle of this" bandwagon!!!

In Decant: I get a sweet pine scent. That got me nervous at first because anything pine can turn to cat pee on me.

In damp hair: Oh MY!! So wonderful!! Just as others had described, it is a soft, sweet, yet wood scent....not as in a chunk of wood you throw in the fireplace, but as in being in a sunlit woody area. This is so perfect for spring!! It has a low throw and the scent doesn't last long (on me at least) but this is perfect!!

Anyone like me that has a fear of the notes listed above, no worries! I am sure it is just how it is blended, but I don't get amber or florals! I might need to hunt down a bottle of this!! :)

Elf hair gloss smells like the spot where a forest meets a meadow. Aspen and hawthorne and moss and berries and flowers, all held together with golden musk and amber. This is another one of those hair glosses that makes my hair smell super clean and fresh all day. Perfect for spring and summer!

Elf is everything it is purported to be and more! It smells like a slightly piney, woodsy, golden musk and honey. It's spring like, ethereal and sort of mystical. Makes for a fantastic hair gloss.

Pfffffft I never reviewed this hair gloss either?!

Elf HG, like the perfume oil, is a beauty. It smells like an evergreen forest near a meadow of wildflowers and is the only scent that happens to feature a violet note that I love (because the violet is somehow not declaring dominion over all). It's a great foresty hair gloss to wear during the spring and summer. Aside from Elf, I like pairing it with scents like Colemanite Phoenix and Venus Verticordia. Whenever it appears on Etsy, I'm always surprised that it doesn't get scooped up faster, because it's such a lovely sunshine-y forest scent. The only reason I don't have a back-up bottle is because I have so many bottles of hair gloss in my collection. But I hope I never run out. :heart: