Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Splendid Summer Days Atmosphere Spray

Perfect red roses, warm amber sunlight, and the sweet honeyed carnation of friendship.

Wow!

I totally ordered this thinking it was a perfume, but it is totally not. However, still awesome.

This is a very beautiful, intensely sweet and quite amber-y mid-range rose floral. Spicy carnation, kind of like a richer Maiden. This does veer towards stronger territory and is a touch powdery, but bizarrely when I spray it, I get LUSH Alkmaar as my recurrent 'I know this scent!' deja vu. On a piece of fabric, I can detect a rich, deep lush rose, balanced very well by a sunny amber. I don't get much orange or citrus so the 'sunlight' is maybe still just the amber, and in terms of sweetness it's likely that a well-blended honey note is what is sending this into sugary-sweet territory. The carnation is detectable on drydown as an exquisite spicy sweetness and depth, which tingles at the last whiffs of the spray. The pretty 'Spanish Red Carnation' vibe is present, in that the carnations I smell are the rich, very spicy type (not the slightly sharper 'pink carnation' that I recall from other carnationy things).

It's very nice. Very sweet, floral, spicy tea rose without being "tea rose" SN, similar to Maiden, but with hints of things like Lugubre Gondola for the rich amber. Definitely something I would see myself using more in the summer or fall.

I love this, it's really lush, has that sort of "florist's" smell to me. I often spray my clothes with the atmosphere sprays, I could see wearing this with any number of rosy things.

Splendid Summer Days atmo really is like an amazing florist shop. It's straight-up rose, carnation, and a touch of honey and sunlight. The carnation is in the lead here, so if you love carnation...you might not want to miss this. It's like 19 degrees outside right now but in my apartment it smells like spring. :wub2:

My first impression is really warm amber, followed by a warm carnation scent. As it settles, the roses come out, and it's very well balanced. I agree with the above about it being like a perfect, sunny florist shop, full of lots of greenery and flowers.

Ooh, I love this. Roses and carnations are two of my very most favorite florals so this was a no brainer. This really does smell like walking into a florists shop in the height of summer: warm, flowery, spicy, beautiful. This lasts quite a long time in the air and even longer on my bedsheets. This is perfect for the never ending snow we've been getting!

this definitely smells kind of late summer/autumnal to me- it's a warm, golden spicy tea rose with carnation and something and that makes me think of dried leaves, just a bit. very pretty and full of my favorite notes! so glad i got a little bit of this spray :)

Red roses and a touch of carnation. This smells like red roses in full bloom, with enough of a bitter sharp carnation smell to prevent it from being utterly overwhelming.