Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Eve's Big Apple Hair Gloss - Green Apple

Green apple, bergamot, vanilla orchid, and tiare.

A gorgeous and slightly sharp green apple, made only sharper by the bergamot. The vanilla orchid and tiare take that sharpness down a notch but it very much feels like there are two things going on here, rather than a smooth blend between the two qualities.

Origin: Straight from NYCC thanks to a fabulous fairy.

Initial Thoughts: I have become a major hair gloss fan since my first venture into its realm with CVBT gloss. Of course the tiare would catch my eye on this list. Bergamot is not a favorite note, but I appreciate the way it can balance a scent, as it does in Nectar. I like vanilla orchid very much. I have no qualms with green apple.

In the Bottle: Extremely sharp green apple on the first sniff, and maybe a hint of the florals on the second sniff. The bergamot is probably hand-in-hand with the apple, egging it on.

On Dry Hair: While it's possible the morning's CVBT is also in play, the first spritz and rub and brush into dry hair produces a heavenly balance of sweet floral and bright apple. The apple is no longer sharp as it is in the bottle, but freshly picked. Again, I'm not detecting any citrusy zing of bergamot, just the crisp apple and flowers. I want to keep huffing this lock of hair for more.

I will come back to edit for any differences brought on by my usual application of gloss onto wet hair and rubbed in before blow-drying. But if it stays true I am already in love. This will be a great alternative or replacement for when my minty-citrusy Lightning Storm from the Hallowenches runs out. Might have to keep an eye out for more on the forums.

Applied on dry hair: Tart green apple that is somehow creamy, probably by the vanilla orchid. Surprisingly, I don't get any bergamot and that's usually a note that doesn't hide in the background. Overall, it smells very clean. And it reminds me very strongly of something... OH! Prell shampoo (I'm so old haha), that old school shampoo in the green bottle I remember from when I was a kid. It smells JUST like it on me/to my nose. I really enjoy how fresh and clean it smells but I'm not sure I want to smell like Prell shampoo. I think I'll pass my decant on to my daughter as she likes florally scents like this instead of candy/foody scents like I'd expect of a 9-year-old XD She snagged my Lightning Storm last Halloween and I agree with puck, they have a similar clean/fresh vibe.

Tart and green, more suited for late summer or early fall weather. The bergamot gives it a bit of a citrussy feel.

This couldn't quite dethrone my beloved Lightning Storm, but I agree that is has similar feel. This is a clean, almost sharp scent, with a tart green apple, and the orchid and bergamot combine to give it something that reminds me of incense. My hair gloss usually burns off quickly but this one hangs around, and I find the scent helps me focus and perks me up.

This is lovely!!

First sniff in my decant.....yep, GREEN apple! Oh smells so good!

On my damp hair, it actually softens. I get the apple and a bit of the orchid. It does have a sharpness to it....not sure if that is the bergamot or tiare since I am not sure what those alone smells like, but it is a nice soft throw. Not as sharp as I thought it would be being it is a green apple scent.

To me this is a perfect spring/summer scent. Not too heavy, but has a little bite to it.

Green apple bite - but really this is bergamot and orchid on wet, and dries to a floral orchid and tiare with just whiffs of apple and bergamot.

Pretty, girly, fun.

Apple is one of my go to scents I love it, everything about it so when i heard there was a Gloss with apple I had to have some.

In the bottle sweet and sharp green apple. In my hair it's a gorgeous crisp sweet juicy apple with very very subtle floral/herby scent.

I am in HEAVEN!!

Yet another HG I ended up getting because the notes list sounded perfect for me. If this was a perfume I'd probably bathe in it--maybe I'm lucky it's an HG because it'll last longer this way!

This starts with the most perfect green apple ever. I seriously thought there was a freshly-cut apple in the room, even though I live by myself and have no apples. The bergamot is sharp and a bit sour combined with the apple, but I don't mind it because of the way it balances the sweetness of the flowers. They are soft and almost powdery, with some creaminess coming from both blooms, I think. Nothing at all indolic about them, and the fruit keeps a crispness to the whole thing. It strikes me as a very spring/summer kind of scent, overall very fresh and wearable.

Oh look, another hair gloss I forgot to review. :frustrated:

Green Apple, Bergamot, Vanilla Orchid, and Tiare hair gloss is primarily about the crisp green apple note, with touches of the bergamot and floral notes. If you're averse to the other notes, but love the idea of a green apple hair gloss, this is still worth a try, as there's never a point when it stops being mostly about the green apple. I love pairing it with scents like Rapunzel in Ballpoint, Snow Glass Apples v4, Emerald Lace (because it is so green), and Bestiaire du Moyen Âge (with its apple blossom and greenery). Oh, and it doesn't smell like an apple Jolly Rancher, like some green apple scents tend to do. :D I don't reach for it as often as my red apple hair glosses, but it definitely has its place in my collection, and I love reaching for it during the spring and summer months.