Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
brineydeep

Friendship

A sweet, warm bonding oil, used to cultivate, attract, and nurture friendships. It can be used with friendship honey jars, ritually with orange and pink candles, and as a daily perfume for attracting new relationships.

In terms of scent, Friendship is all pineapple to me. Very fresh and very sweet. I suspect that there is something else in this blend but it supports the pineapple so well that everything melds together.

My bottle has some crystals in it. I'm not sure what they are, but I haven't had any problems using the oil itself (I wear it as perfume).

In terms of effectiveness, Friendship is not an immediate attraction blend in that it does not drawn people to you. Instead, I've found it good for instances where I want a good environment for interacting with current and potential friends. So more fostering than immediate.

I wore Friendship for the first time a few days ago. I remember thinking it smelled fresh, sweet, with notes of honey, pineapple and a smidge of orange. It reminds me to Sunlight, Attraction and other such etsy blends in that it is sunny, warm, and happy.

I wore this to a meeting with someone I've been friendly with in my network, but not necessarily friends with.

I can definitely see myself wearing this when I'm socializing and trying to be friendlier. I don't think this makes immediate friendships, but I think it keeps both you and the other party interested in continuing the conversation.

from the TAL etsy, there is also, "Twilight Alchemy Lab’s Friendship oil contains essential oils, absolutes, and CO2 extracts that are organically-grown and pesticide-free, and many of the oils’ components are first distillations from small farms. This oil was charged over six lunations, in both the radiance of daylight and the quiet of moonlight. The blend includes sweet clove, lavender 40/42, fermented apple, raw sugar, honey absolute, catnip essential oil, lovage, and extract of carnations from the TAL garden."

in terms of notes, this is way outside of what i usually wear (although because of this and the related bath oil I am now trying more bpal honey scents), snagged on a whim to honor existing friendships and to cultivate new ones after a number of my favorite local people moved away in a big heartbreaking wave.

the smell is gorgeous and although I will use the notes to describe the scent, only the honey stands out for me as being easy to identify. it's an intriguing blend: the lavender and carnation give this a beautiful herbal quality, bright and flourishing from the lav and spicy from the carnation. honey is a note I'm sometimes wary of and don't always wear well, but this is divine. bright, sweet, strong, just a hint of muskiness but not overtaking the sweet herbal quality of the scent. the apple is lovely and natural but subtle compared to other apple notes from the lab that I've tried (quite likely because this component isn't a perfumer's addition?).

I've used this on candles to bless my existing friendships and call in new one.

also worn it out when I've gone into social situations when I was feeling fatigued or otherwise overwhelmed or shy. just putting on this beauty adds an instant smile on my face and a spring in my step. I have a blast and meet new people with it on. it also gets a number of compliments, and heavy questioning from a couple of my perfume-savvy friends.

I love this very much for the scent and the intent. it's beautiful magic in a bottle.

I wear Friendship whenever I know I will meet people to talk to/form new connections with or want to have a really good time with people I already know. It is also good for social situations where you're going in a bit nervous and uncertain of what will happen, but definitely want to try your best to come off well with the people who will be where you're going. Also, the scent is one I really enjoy smelling. It's the kind of scent I can layer under other TALs or BPALs with no problem because it doesn't smell like anything that can obnoxiously drown out other TALs I might pair with it.

Brief scent description: It's warm, sugary, and lightly sweet with a hint of something that could be catnip. This is not strongly herbal but rather a mix of sugary sweetness and a light herbal quality in the background that results in a light musk-like blend of notes on my skin. This is easily one of my favorite TALs to smell.

Other notes:

The sugar crystals in Friendship tend to settle at the bottom of the bottle or vial you store it in; if this happens to anybody else's bottle, this is normal. :) I even grew to like this about Friendship even though the sugar crystals sometimes get on my skin when I apply the oil. This is not a bad thing for me because they smell nice, seem to keep the scent on my skin a bit longer, and are easily brushed off.

I got this bottle for networking and I feel it was worth the money. I use it regularly in conjunction with a few other TALs before going to any important event or social gathering I attend.

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

The scent is mostly carnation to my nose. I wish I got the pineapple that some have mentioned -- I love pineapple but I don't smell that at all. What I do get is a mildly spicy herbal-floral blend, with a slight astringency from the clove.

When I've used this, it's helped to loosen barriers in my interactions with others, to communicate more openly and understand each other better. I'm grateful for this gentle, effective oil.

I definitely have the Friendship annemathematics gave the Lab description for.  It was received in a decant circle of TAL house blends.  I love Friendship, which is a spicy honeyed carnation on me.  I can't comment much on its efficacy; I'm using it mainly in an attempt to recharge the friendship component of my marriage, though I may wear it to visit my 94-year-old friends tomorrow.  But carnation is my favorite floral note, especially with the one-two punch of carnation and clove, and this is definitely one of the lighter honeys I wear well, and I find it delightfully uplifting.