Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
HerbGirl

Patchouli Clove Massage Oil

A decadently warming blend of three patchoulis, Himalayan cedar, and a touch of sweet clove.

This is really good. REALLY good. Clove goes horribly wrong on my skin, as a general rule, so I waffled for a minute about getting this but then I thought about it: THREE PATCHOULIs? Yeah. I used a bit of this as a moisturizer last night and I smelled Black Patchouli most, followed by some Himalayan Cedar (like Atlas Cedar) with just a velvety touch of clove. Really good. I will use this as a moisturizer under many of my perfume oils...I might even try it in the bath one day. :) :wub2:

ETA this layers really well with Totentanz...:-D Edited by Herb Girl

This is sort of "decadently warming" for sure! I put it on right after my shower and was enveloped in patch, clove and what I swear was a touch of vetiver. Might have been the cedar though. I can't smell the different patchoulis but it's definitely not just the black patchouli. Now, three hours later, I have to put my nose right up next to my skin to smell this. I'm glad because I was hoping it wouldn't have a ton of waft. The oil is a bit heavier and stickier than the bath oil I got, which makes sense for massage. Still, it works fine on damp skin and absorbs nicely!

I think I've just developed a new addiction to the Trading Post's bath and massage oils :yum:

This is ah-MAY-zing! Exactly as described, patchouli and clove dominant. I need gallons of this. Also, if you love Clemence from the Carnaval Diabolique as I do, make sure you buy this! :wub2:

I love this! As usual the formula is fantastic! It soaks in nicely, moisturizes beautiful and leaves a lovely scent behind.

I was a little apprehensive about this oil as I was worried that I would encounter the #OWS patch, but it was no where to be found. It's definitely a patch heavy scent, as to be expected, but it's lovely woody patch combination which with the addition of the clove creates a lovely warmth and comfort in the scent.

First time that I'm trying one of the massage oils, I usually use the bath oils as before bed moisturizers because they take a while to sink in but this one sinks in much quicker so I can wear it as perfume or layering as well without worrying about oily clothes :)

This is a very lovely warm patchouli scent, seriously, like warmth in a bottle. It's also a bit woody and even though I don't usually like woods it's okay in this blend. I think the clove might be adding to the whole overall warmth feeling to this scent as well, giving it the hint of sweetness it needs.

Personally, I prefer my patch scents a biiit sweeter so I might try layering it. I suspect that it will layer very very well with chocolaty scents ;)

Patchouli and clove just as described. In the bottle, it is more clove dominant, but on the skin, there's pretty much an even mix of the two. The combination to me, is just vile. While I like the two notes separately, they just seem like the two are fighting a losing battle against one another. This one is pretty disjointed on me, and color me disappointed. Thank goodness I only went with a decant.

Black patchouli and cedar. This has a smoky, dirty quality to it.

Nope. Not for me. Too much patchouli.