Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mellifluous

Wormwood Field

WORMWOOD FIELD
Wormwood accord, pink lime, yuzu, thyme flower, hinoki, cedar wood, and green musk.

Wormwood Field is really bright and crisp, and dewy. I like it, but it kind of reminds me of Herbal Essences shampoo. I do smell nice complex nuances, of the woods, and a pretty consistent soft floral/herbal note from the Thyme.. But overall the grapefruit/yuzu dewyness and the green musk, just remind me of shampoo.

I know I personally have horrible scent associations (horrible in that, once it pops into my head, I have a hard time NOT drawing parallels ), that dont translate to most people, so it probably is just me.. but if I could stop thinking about HE shampoo, I would say this is a lovely spring/summery dewy green musk blend.

This is a strange beast. On me it starts as an intensely astringent (like, it made my mouth water slightly in the way that smelling really tart lemonade does) pink lime with a swirly underpinning of herbs and a slithering green musk. The wormwood and hinoki (which often reminds me of citrus-scented cleaning solutions) pop up later. The endgame is mostly green musk and a bit of cedar, but that citrus twist remains strong throughout. It's definitely an 'Alice' scent, in the curiouser and curiouser sense, but also slightly uncomfortable for me to wear.

It doesn't have a huge throw, but it actually got stronger after ~1 hour wear and I had to wash it off, so I can't speak to longevity.

The last thing that I recall having this strong an "errr, what -exactly- is happening on my wrist?" reaction to was Serpents With Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues, which also had herbal, citrus, and green musk notes. I think, perhaps, that this is a combination I should avoid.

OTOH, if you think green musk is the absolute bomb or you love the aforementioned d/c'ed Serpents, Luna (moth), or maybe 51 (wanderlust), and think the other notes sound acceptable, then you should be hunting down some of this to try.

All I got from this was bitter, bitter, bitter citrus pith, like chewing on a grapefruit peel. :eek: :ack: I got no nuances, no wood, no musk, no anything but super bitter citrus. Ah well, you can't win 'em all, right?

Bitter citrus, yuzu and lime, and hints of wood.

And yes, on wet, it really does smell like an herbal essences shampoo. And then it dries to a woody, citrusy, absinthe.

AT WHICH POINT I AM WILLING TO FALL ON MY KNEES AND PLEDGE MY UNDYING LOVE.

FINALLY. A citrus based BPAL that doesn't evaporate on my skin in the first nanosecond.

/goes off to hoard this.

ITB: Oh, that's nice. It's definitely yuzu with really fabulous green, musky tones underneath and subtle notes of lime just below the surface.

Wet: It's actually not much different on my skin compared to what I smelled in the bottle. The only difference is that I can pick out the thyme now, although it isn't very strong at this point.

Dry: It's light, slightly citrusy with tones of musk, hinoki, wormwood, and thyme once dry. It's lovely both wet and dry - a keeper for sure!

ok i kinda get the shampoo comparison but i also don't really mind! i am NOT a citrus-wearer but this is SO fresh and clean and sparkling and summery that i could wear this for sure, on a hot hot summer day or to the beach. it's so bright and zesty. maybe it's the musk balancing out the STRONG citrus that makes me ok with it? it makes me think of bright pink and neon green and is a HAPPY happy scent. it's not an everyday scent for me but it has a place in my collection for sure.

Based on the reviews above i was waiting for a biiter shampoo scent, but honestly, i got nothing like that. All i got was some muted green musk with a faint citrus shadow. Pretty disappointing as i was expecting bitter grapefruit pith and herbs :(

This starts off strong on the yuzu and lime accompanied by the thyme flower (which isn't as strong as straight up thyme, which tends to smell like I took a bunch of fresh thyme and rubbed it against my wrists when it is in a blend). These notes remain the dominant notes throughout wear, but over time, it ends up smelling like an herbal citrus soap due to the addition of the musk and woods.

I'm glad I got to try this one, but I am basic and just want a yuzu and lime duet now. :P