WHIRLING WIND MOON
Swiftly walk o'er the western wave,
Spirit of Night!
Out of the misty eastern cave,
Where, all the long and lone daylight,
Thou wovest dreams of joy and fear,
'Which make thee terrible and dear, —
Swift be thy flight!

Dreams of joy and fear: swirling dark and airy musks, mogra, plumeria, hyacinth, lily of the valley, dry white sandalwood, raw white ginger, gardenia, pale amber, and oakmoss.

Really? Nobody has reviewed this? Or have they been reviewing it on the previous year incarnation? Mods feel free to whoosh

Not nearly as floral as it sounded more's the pity. Or musky or anything. How does Beth & Co manage to surprise me time and time again with unexpected loveliness? It feels cool, like a man's cologne ~ bracing almost. And there is movement to it as well. When I put it on today I was sad until I went outside and the chill in the air combined with this was just so perfect and crisp. Not my style at all because well I was hoping for floral and musks and I cannot get any of the listed notes out of this at all. MAYBE ginger and oak moss. It does have that aquatic feel that Spanish Moss SN has~ not a floral not herbacious but wet and sultry. Only crisp instead of steamy.

I also get cucumber from this. That happens a lot with mossy and or aquatics so shrugs. I am the worst person for reviewing this kind of scent since it is out of my realm of what I wear.

Lily, ginger, hints of oakmoss and plumeria. This was lighter, and more wearable than I imagined. I think the previous Whirling Wind Moon ended up more in the masculine territory and this is definitely more femme.

It's a "dark" floral, airy and very crisp.

I bought this when it came out and never reviewed it, but I am wearing it a lot lately in the hot weather. It's funny, I get a very strong "snow" feeling from this one, it's lovely, reminds me a bit of Cloth of Gold. Very fresh and neither masculine or feminine to me, and although it is on the "soft " side it has very nice presence, very decent throw and longevity.

This smells cold and winter to me, perfect for summer wearing. I get zero flowers, but much gorgeous.

Edited by stellamaris

This is way too 'white' and sharp for me. Lots of ozone and sandalwood and a touch of floral. Smells very mainstream cologne to me. I'm not into this one.

In the imp: I'm getting some aquatic floral notes. I don't think I can identify the individual notes in this. I'm wondering if it's the dark and airy musk, but something in this reminds me of watermelon. More it's juiciness than it's flavor.

Wet on skin: Same. Juicy florals.

Dried down: Mmmmm...... The sandalwood's coming out to play more, now, and it mixes with the florals beautifully. There's still a little juiciness there, but not as much as before.

Throw: Oh yes. This one definitely throws, and it seems a little goes a long way.

Verdict: *****. Oh, this is a pretty "floral" scent for me. I love the juiciness I get from it - it seems to cut through the pure flowery-ness of it. I do think I may seek out a bottle of this if I see it come up.