Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mixed spice, rosewater, and black tea.

Whoa, this starts with a blast of black tea, thick, earthy and dark, freshly brewed from whole leaves. It's quite strong, no sugar or cream to soften this cup! Then as it settles, the spices come out, peppery and sharp like ginger or chicory. I can't really detect any rose, this is all savory dark spices simmering in pure black tea.

i normally run screaming in the opposite direction of any rose scent but i do like rosewater and thought mrs. grose could work if it was a softer, lighter, rose.

well… the rose is a bit overpowering. but but but but but, it kind of works. there is a sweetness to mrs. grose that makes me think of rose candy, with a delicious black tea note and some cinnamon spice, or maybe cardamom? (the spices here are lovely, by the way, and not at all "craft store.")

if this was a real tea, i would drink a gallon of it.

Edited by porcelina

ITB: I get bready spice, but faintly so, but that's it as far as what I can smell out of the bottle.

Wet: Fruit cake spices, more nutmeg and clove, and scented black tea with a subtle hint of rose. Oh, how lovely!

Dry: The only difference between its wet state and now is that the rosewater is a little more clear to the nose. Otherwise, it's spicy and makes my mouth water.

In the bottle - Juicy dried fruits, with a touch of spice. Christmas Cake

Wet on me - Still warm fruity and spicy, but now with a slightly tannic undertone from the tea and just a hint of the rose coming though

Dry on me - A soft powdery floral with hints of darkness

Overall - I love the wet stages, but for me the dry down was a bit ordinary

In the bottle Mrs. Grose is mostly tea, but once applied to my skin, the spices and rosewater start to appear. On me it's in the same scent-family as Alice, with the tea and rose, but it includes warm spices and orange rind. It reminds me of the Market Spice shop in the Pike Place Market in Seattle -- all their jars of spices and tea, and their signature blend which is an orange-cinnamon spice tea.

It's very warm, comforting, and snuggly, and has become one of my favorite scents.

This is a very cozy and sweet blend of cinnamon, spice and rose. The rose is very light, but it is definitely there underneath a sweet veil of spices. Even though the spices are dominant, they are not actually very strong. I don't get a lot of tea out of it, unfortunately. But the spiced rose is gorgeous!

It is a very light scent, overall, and the different notes blend together well.

In the bottle it smells mostly like it does on my skin, so it's not a big morpher.

I will definitely be wearing this whenever I need a little cloud of coziness to envelop me on a rainy day :wub2:

In the imp: Cinnamon and a touch of rose.

Wet: General spices and black tea.

Dry: This smells more like a tea blend than a perfume and I love it. It's not overly rosy and the cinnamon is in there but the spices are more clove-y dry.

Mrs. Grose is heavenly on extreme drydown. I wish she would begin where she ends. I am in looooove with the last hour or two of wear. The first two hours it's very strong black tea followed by what I think is rosehips? Only about six hours in does the spice come out. It's soft, barely detectable spice, but it's there. And just as suddenly, a few hours later, it's gone.

If you're a tea lover, this would work for you. I'm only so-so on tea (Tea & Music is my favorite blend), so I'm a fan when other notes appear to give it some depth and intrigue. I've had her for a long time, so I'll keep her around for some more to see where she goes.

Mrs. Grose is cinnamon spice tea on me, with gentle hints of rose, similar to the rose in Hope. Lovely, but as so often happens with tea notes, my skin eats it up much too quickly. 3 hours after application, it is detectable only as the faintest wisp of spice. If it had better staying power with my skin chemistry, I would be on the lookout for a bottle.