Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Monday

The Inn Atmosphere Spray

This is my favorite atmo spray ever, and I could've sworn I reviewed it before now! To my nose, this is exactly the Pecan Sandies cookies that my dad used to love, with a hint of fruity oatmeal and baking bread in the background. I don't get any beer or mead -- or bananas, for that matter. Just nutty sweet kitcheny goodness.

Totally artificial peanut butter dipped bananas. For a moment it smelled like opening up a variety pack of halloween candy but the banana is so strong. If banana runts are your thing you may like your room to smell like this :shhh: For me I had to open a window because I despise artificial banana.

I received a sample spray of "The Inn (Prototype)" in one of my bptp orders and guess I never reviewed it. I agree with everyone saying it smells like peanut butter cookies and bananas dipped in peanut butter. I actually like it and don't think it smells too artificial, because the banana has a fresh edge to it like it does in Splatter Comedy. The peanut butter/vanilla-y tone is like a mix of natural peanut butter and warm peanut butter cookies. I sprayed this on to throw pillows and the banana fades off after 10-15 minutes to a hint of creamy banana-vanilla pudding and warm sugar cookies. It reminds me of banana pudding and nilla wafers, actually. A creamy, lovely gourmand spray.

Goblin frimp fresh from the Trading Post in September 2018. It is labeled "Prototype" and must be a different formula than any of the previous reviews, even Little Bird's sample.

I sprayed some on an air filter, where the fragrance lasted quite a while - 4 or 5 days.

The first day, it was mostly hard cherry candy (which I'm guessing is supposed to be wine); with a hint of malt (ale, or maybe whiskey), and a solid backdrop of wood (oak barrels and wood floors). I detest the smell (and flavor) of beer and ale, but the malt that represents those here is something entirely different. It's like malted milk powder, the plain kind, not the chocolate. It's lovely - subtle, comforting, and not blatantly foody. I'm blissing out on the malt and oak, but those annoying cherry Lifesavers keep distracting me.

The second day, the fruity note has aged and warmed. The jarring artificial cherry has transformed into a rich grape-y scent that is unmistakably wine. The beautiful malt and oak are unchanged. Overall, the fragrance is gorgeous, no longer foody, and stays that way from then on.

I love this. It makes me feel happy. It's so cozy, warm, and comforting. The labbies have totally nailed the atmosphere of the main room of a country inn, somewhere in the British Isles, in the 1600's or 1700's, back when inns had thick hardwood floors and were none too scrupulous about cleanliness. This is decades - maybe centuries - of spilled wine and ale soaked permanently into scarred wooden tables and floors, and walls lined with oak barrels.

I so hope the Trading Post will make this available in their general catalog!

6 out of 6 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

I also received this as a goblin squirt sample with the prototype label (the oil was light yellow). When I first sprayed this, I couldn't quite place what I was smelling. Just that it was sweet and nutty. My first instinct was maybe peanut brittle. But it definitely does resemble peanut butter and bananas after reading some of these reviews. I wish this wasn't just a prototype, it's a lovely and delicious foodie atmospheric spray!