Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
a_llb

Pumpkin Vines

A tangle of lush greenery and thick, rooty vines with a hint of pumpkin rind, crumbled leaves, and rich soil.

In vial: Lush, supple and green. It's the smell of a just snapped stem, that soft milkiness. A hint of cool black soil.

Wet: Waxy pumpkin rind - sweet, natural, sun-ripened. Not buttery or spiced at all. It seems more like a white pumpkin than an orange one. The soil is fading into a clean, almost ivy-like scent.

Dry: There is a light freshness on drydown, not floral exactly, not ozone or aquatic either... Maybe it's the leaves? Like autumn leaves still vibrantly yellow and on the tree, with a cool breeze rustling through them.

Verdict: Absolutely beautiful! Perfect for people like me who can't wear spiced pumpkin. It becomes the kind of close-wearing scent where people won't necessarily know you're wearing perfume - it just clings to your skin like you have been out wandering on a chilly autumn day.

Green, pulpy vines, hint of water, soil and maybe pumpkin? This smells like watery, rooty greenery with touches of ivy.

Green, aquatic, vines.

I love the earthy tone here, the smell of freshly turned dark moist soil. Unfortunately

the "tangle of lush greenery and thick, rooty vines" left me sneezing up a storm and I had to

wash it off. It reminded me of having an allergy attack during an intensive yard work project. :ack:

Glad I got the imp to test, a bottle is not looking promising at all.

Imp: Soil and greenery! It made me inexplicably sad, because while I'd love to work on my yard/garden, I'm often too sick to be able to. It's very evocative.

Wet: Less straight-up dirt, more herbal greenery and a hint of spice. Now rather than smelling like working in a garden, it smells like someone who's just worked in their herb/spice garden and come in from the cold. It definitely has a colder feel to me, it's not a spring scent by any means.

Dry: I can still smell soil, a bit of greenery, and now something's gone powdery. This one is not for me.

Green vines, with the watery pumpkin note from Pumpkin Princess, and just a hint of the sweet-decay scent of some of the leaf blends. Dirt/soil never appears for me. On non-pulse points, there is a fairly nice balance to the notes, but on pulse points, my skin amps the aquatic aspect to the exclusion of everything else. My bff asked me to please never wear this again. I agree.

Really, really green at first, and there's a cologne vibe as well. I think because it is just so GREEN. After a bit, it's not so strong, and the dirt note is making itself known. I'm getting something quite vegetal, maybe the pumpkin? Whatever the case, it smells kind of like a 'garden' perfume. Not a true garden smell, but I quite like it, though Death Cap is my fave dirt scent ever. Hmm, may need a decant of this one, I love the green vibe.

This is watery, slightly soapy greenery (kinda reminds me of lettuce) and a hint of dirt that dries down oddly perfumey on me, like a white floral. It's a clean, perfumey, green and white scent with not much throw or staying power on me.

In the decant: Green roots and vines of the pumpkins.

Wet: Now sweeter pumpkin, but the vines are still there.

The dry-down: Now the pumpkin vines are starting to dry out. An interesting scent.

Edited by thekittenkat

A pumpkin scent that doesn't go buttery!

There is a really green and warm scent that really does smell like crisp green vines and dirt with a little hint of decomposing (but not gross) pumpkin. It didn't change much as it dried, maybe getting a little sweeter.

This one was very, very vegetal. Initially I got a blast of green vines and earth, then some pumpkin comes to the surface as it dries down. The pumpkin here really isn't a foody pumpkin, but more of closer to fresh pumpkin guts. The green notes still remain the dominant element throughout. Not for me personally, but it really is very true to what an actual pumpkin patch smells like up close and personal.

clean dirt, dead leaves and fresh green vegetation, kind of crisp and cool. like i'm out in the garden harvesting the last pumpkins of the season on a crisp, sunny day.

bpal's autumn leaves note tends to give me kind of a masculine cologne feel and this is no exception, although the dirt helps to tone that down a little bit. i think this would be great for my husband but i don't know if i will wear it very often myself.