Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin, mimosa, black amber, mahogany, and Madagascan saro.

Pumpkin, hint of mimosa and black amber. It dries to a resinous, woody blend.

Masculine, smooth, resin.

In vial: Light, pulpy pumpkin with a dusting of dark amber. A touch of smooth wood.

Wet: The pumpkin becomes significantly more spiced, like it's being prepared for pie filling (This is the saro, I think? From what I could find online it seems to be related to cinnamon or camphor?) The amber gives it a creamy feel.

Dry: The creamy amber fades into a raspy wood & there is perhaps a slight touch of fruity floral from the mimosa.

Verdict: It reminds me of a non-foody pumpkin pie, if that makes sense. A little too close to 'generic-craft-store' for me, though I do tend to classify anything with pumpkin + spice as such. I honestly just cannot tell enough of a difference between them!

Edited by braybrigade

This is a spicy pumpkin on me, with emphasis on the spice. Every once in awhile, I'm getting the wood, so it smells kind of masculine, but for the most part, this is all about the clove and cinnamon. There is just a teeny touch of buttery pumpkin. I am really liking spicy blends lately, probably due to the cool fall weather, but while I like this, I doubt I'd reach for it often, and I do have other spicy blends in case the mood should hit me.

Imp: Pumpkin, spices, woods.

Wet: This is the first of the pumpkins not to go full-blown pumpkin pie/cinnamon on me! That feel is still there, but much muted. The black amber is turning things a smidge cologne-y.

Dry: The pumpkin pie and cologne are vying for domination. It smells rather masculine to me. This is a definite no.

Pumpkin IV is mostly like a cinnamon potpourri smell on me, with whiffs of the powdery amber and darker, woodsy tones that fade in and out. Dry, spicy and slightly dark smelling.

In the decant: Woods that are sweetish. What is saro? A search via Dogpile and the wiki resulted in no hits.

Wet: Something slightly bitter is emerging.

The dry-down: Thank goodness that bitter note has somewhat disappeared. Getting mostly mahogany from this, backed by the floral/fruity sweetness of the mimosa and the pumpkin.

At first I get pumpkin, spice and mahogany. A really lovely, slightly sweet, earthy, warming scent.

As it dries the pumpkin fades and the spice intensifies, I want to say it's a very dry, sharp cinnamon type smell, not overly sweet.

Then it's just straight up wood. I didn't get any mimosa or amber. I've read that saro is supposed to be lemony or fruity, I definitely didn't get that.

It's ok but not really me though it was fun to try.

A quick summary of how this smells to me:

Like taking the scent of spiced pumpkin pie and adding incense, resins, and woods to it until it becomes a beautiful cologne.

Hm. I thought this scent would be more interesting.

Just a mash of spices in the already spiced pumpkin scent from the 2012 year. Faintest hint of mimosa? That and the spiced pumpkin are the only light/high notes. Everything else feels base and heavy. Making this a real heavy autumnal scent. There are these tendrils of lightness that waft through ~ like, mimosa and tea tree oil almost. Not very strong.

Verdit; Masculine deep smooth heavy.