Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caper

Nadie Se Conoce

Nadie Se Conoce, Francisco de Goya.
Red currant, caramel, pimento, bitter clove, Spanish mimosa, and Italian bergamot.

This is beautiful.

I felt like it was a little dicey because of the mix between citrus and caramel, but it is amazing. In the Imp it is strongly bergamot and mimosa, which I love. Once applied the caramel and clove add a depth and sweetness to the citrus that reminds me of an Italian bakery in San Francisco that I used to go to. It is sort of foody, but not overly sweet and more nuanced than foody blends usually are. If you were thinking about trying the one at all, you should buy a bottle, it is better than I thought it could be.

This is bottle worthy for sure.

In bottle: The Pimento stands out because it’s effect is so unusual with the mimosa and bergamot on the one hand and the caramel and current on the other. This is actually strongly current dominant though, with the caramel adding an extra sweetness and the florals providing variety. I’m calling the pimento second, a strange savory voice in the midst of sweet. The clove ends up hanging out in the background making eyes at the current. It’s interesting and intense. Wet: Still current dominant, but now with the bergamot a strong second and the pimento pulling up third. Do not get this if you don’t love current and bergamot. This is fascinating and quirky, while also being unsettling.. Dry: Current and strong clove. Yummy!

Pimento, bitter clove and whiffs of caramel.

This smells spicy and sweet at the same time, and it kinda breaks my head. It's sort of smoky, spicy, bitter.

In the imp: Something in here reminds me of Ruddy Daggerwing. It certainly doesn't smell like I had imagined it but in a good way. :D

On my skin wet: Bergamot! With some delicious slightly burnt caramel. I know that doesn't sound good but it smells good somehow. Goes on smelling a bit orangey the bergamot recedes a bit. It still reminds me of Ruddy Daggerwing along with the humongous throw.

This scent grabs you by your shirt and yells: notice me! It's a very active scent.

On my skin dry: Gorgeous. It smells like I have just walked into a shop where they sell specialty coffee and tea with added chocolate. There is no chocolate (or coffee...or tea) in here but it's just there you know.

Activating and playful.

This scent is so weird. I usually know better than to try anything with a caramel note because it usually ends up VERY cloying, but this one stays in the background. I also get the red currant, pimento & bergamot and they combine into a very strange, spicy scent. I really think this is an odd little perfume. It's not something I'd wear again.

This was strangely odd on me. Note wise it should work....on however its nothing but a smokey, sweet mess. What is so damn smokey here?? i wish i got the caramel and clove others did, but nope :(

I also smelled a lot of smoke in this. It's a strange mixture - sometimes I'd smell my arm and get a wave of fruity citrus, but then I'd get another wave of sulfur. It's interesting, but not bottle-worthy for me.

Red currant tends to be really sour smelling on me, but I was hoping that the caramel and bergamot would sweeten it up enough to be wearable. But this whole scent feels sort of strange and mismatched on my skin. It's like sour, bitter, lemony-bergamot laced currant with spicy, slightly powdery clove and whiffs of smoky, burnt caramel. It's sour and kinda all over the place for me, unfortunately.

Imp: VERY strange. I don't even know how to describe it. Sour, bitter, spicy...

Wet: It actually reminds me of my favorite Indian restaurant. Odd. I know there's no cardamom in it but it's screaming cardamom to me! In the background I get touches of citrusy bergamot.

Dry: This is one of the more interesting blends I've ever tried. I still strongly am reminded of cardamom, which must be the way the bitter clove and bergamot are interacting. It's slightly sour and bitter and a little smoky and I can almost get a slightly floral note in there.

This is in my top 10.

I got it on a hunch, despite it containing prominent death notes for me: currant and bitter clove, which have ruined about - oh it must be a dozen blends for me, and would normally put me off completely. But I loved the idea of caramel blended with less cloying things, so I was brave - and boy am I pleased I did. I was also hooked by the first review, that mentions an Italian bakery, so...

In the bottle: a very strong mix of clove and bergamot.

Wet: a little fragrant-sweeter, I guess from the mimosa, and yes - very strong, I've worked it out now: this is caramel as you get when you make it in a pan: the very dark runny fluid that sets into a rigid sheet. This mixed with the bitter clove is just total heaven, to me, but if your idea of caramel is the gooey sugary stuff (doesn't make sense since they all have sugar in but -) - this is the darkness of raw sugar with a shiny finesse from the heat of cooking.

This blend reminds me of a good delicatessen. The blended waft of fine dark chocolates, hand-made pate, spices sold loose, ground coffee - none of these notes are there but the overall mix comes to me from it.

This sort of scent is what I love BPAL for. It is subtly mixed but not a light scent. Throw is fair, but it lasts - for ages. Almost inconveniently long, even from a tiny application. I must hunt down an extra bottle. :wub2:

Edited by Quillifer

Imp: Oh my God. I had no idea what to expect, but this is rich, spicy, gorgeous citrus, like the world's most interesting desert.

Wet: Bitter clove, something that must be pimento, thick caramel sauce, tobacco smoke, bitter citrus and dark berries. Holy bejebus. This is unusual, interesting, gorgeous and just sophisticated as hell. Caramel never works on me but in here it's almost more like a dry, sweet wood smell.

Dry: A sweetly sophisticated woods, tobacco, bitter citrus and pepper blend that is much more inviting and feminine than that description makes it sound! :lol: This is way too grown-up and fancy of a scent for me to wear, but it is really magical in the way a bunch of disparate components come together to work in a way that none of them would on their own. Like nothing else I've ever smelled!