Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ViolettaMort

Typical Gothic Scent

Hi guys I'm new and I'm actually looking for a scent similar to the mix of patchouli, vanilla and lavender. - I'm more of the classic Gothic smell. If anyone can help me find either one of the scents that'll be great.

~VM

Hi guys I'm new and I'm actually looking for a scent similar to the mix of patchouli, vanilla and lavender. - I'm more of the classic Gothic smell. If anyone can help me find either one of the scents that'll be great.

~VM

Hiya VM :wave:

The first thing I thought of was a blend called Wulric the Wolfman - here's the description:

Friendly, charming, and cuddly, but possessing one hell of a mean streak: cocoa absolute, French vanilla, birch tar, lavender, bourbon vetiver, wild musk, clary sage, and cistus.

It doesn't have the patchouli you're looking for, but the combination of the cocoa + vetiver gives it a lovely smokey/earthy tone which is similar to a patchouli-esque kinda vibe. The vanilla + lavender isn't too sweet - the other notes darken it up nicely.

Wulric is from the Carnaval Diabolique line, which is currently on hiatus at the Lab (it will be back, but we don't know when), but if you check through the For Sale area here on the forum you should be able to find a decant of it so you can try it out :smile:

I have no idea myself, but if you are new, there is a chance you haven't find the search engine yet, so I put Patchouli, Vanilla, Lavender into it and it gave only one hit for All of them:

http://www.bpal.org/search/index.php?term=patchouli+vanilla+lavender&mybutton=1&search=1

You'll get replies from people that know what they are talking about too, but this at least is what I found :)

~VM

hey VM! if you are buying imps, you might give the coiled serpent a shot. it's got a great patchouli note and some people say they get a vanilla note from it...i am not sure what the other notes are, but i find it somewhat similar to banshee beat. speaking of which, if you can get your hands on some banshee beat, that'll get you most of the way there (patchouli, vanilla, hemp). goblin also is a patchouli scent with benzoin/coconut notes that a lot of people associate with vanilla.

i LOVE the lab's patchouli blends, so i think all three of those are delicious...good luck finding what you're looking for! :)

Edited by joyfulgirl

While not the exact notes your looking for, you might want to try Lurid: it's got a piercing ozone top (like lavender can be) with a rich, sweet, resinous dry-down, and is very gothy.

Sign in to follow this