Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dianella

Hunter Moon 2004

... A blend of traditional lunar oils touched with dry leaves, autumn bonfires, warm mulled wine, feral, animalistic notes and the chill of approaching winter.

This is really samarablackcat's fault that I'm in love with this scent. :lol: She sent me a tester. I got hooked. Then she gifted me with her partial :eek: :wub2:

Hunter Moon 04, 5 years down the road, is one of the most evocative bpal blends I've sniffed.
Zankoku_zen is right, it does have a similar feel with Mabon, but HM is more smoky/musky to my nose. I'm very very glad that this smoky part doesn't give me a headache (like Hexennacht does). There's some kind of wine in there, a feeling of dry leaves and a sexy smoky musk - the kind I'd prefer to smell on a guy than on me.
It's a gorgeous blend, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off myself. I love huffing it though.

Animalistic musk with wine and a hint of something green. Really, I see the followers of Diana at the pinnacle of the full moon hunting by dim and shadowy light in a forest. There is something wild and wonderful in here...but it really is not for me.

I got to try a little bit of this after hunting it down for awhile!! This was slightly reminiscent of Hex 05 on my skin, but the musk was a little darker and more feral, and there was a deep red wine component. I would almost be tempted to use the term intoxicating for this blend. I like it, but it's a little too rich for me.

This is - by far - my most loved and cherished BPAL EVER!

I can´t believe I never reviewed it before.. ?

I love Hunter Moon 2004.

Unfortunately it does not last long on me - but for the time that it does,

it makes me feel wild and untamed and almost a little drunk.

There is this dark red wine, with an almost sirup-y ( but not sweet ) feel to it,

wood, dry leafs and ... fangs.

I loved to read " Elfquest" and this blend captures Cutter, Skywise, Amber and all the others

like no scent I have ever smelled before.

I am so glad I got 3 bottles of this jewel in a bottle.

It started my love for BPAL years ago, along with Ice Queen - and

I suppose this love will never end...*le sigh*

For those of you who might not get the chance to try this gorgeous blend,

I recommend Lampades as a very close and very good replacement.

It has the same depth and this "red" vibe to it as HM04 has.

I know that Lampades has cranberry in it, so I suppose there are cranberries in

HM04 too..

no matter what, this will be my all time favorite.

:love:

I am a Wolf or Lion

sexy, Puckish, attractive

not so much berry, spicy underneath.

Heat, the spill of blood

the taste of it in my mouth

delicious

as I bring my prey down

heady, satisfying

satiating my hunger

but always I am ready to spring away,

to hunt, to move,

to defend my kill...

easing off now,

not so strong,

the scent of meat on my breath

delicious

fading away to dreams of prey,

almost the same

as the first whiff,

but without the strong desire to chase

780751733_S2rTj-Ti.jpg

This is a new love come late to me. I had avoided even trying this blend because wine notes historically just do not work for me; they turn sour and old, and smell like bar floors on me. So no, I was quite happy with the later release of Hunter Moon 2007, thank you very much.

Then...oh, then! I was frimped with a bit of this Lunacy (and I wish I could remember who so I could thank (and maybe curse them, just a little) for enabling me to what is an increasingly hard to find scent.

This is amazing on me; where a wine note once soured, it settles in nicely in rounded sweet bliss on my arm. The herbs keep it from cloying, and the application of a single pass of my rollerball bottle at the beginning of the night lasts until I wake the next morning, when sniffing my wrist brings back memories of the woods I dreamt of during the darkness.

I love this blend, and will have to make the bit I have last, because I haven't seen it offered for sale. 4 of 5 stars..

Wine and smoke and animal musk. Wanted to love this, my birthday moon, but no.

Hunter Moon '04 is so divine! Mulled wine combines with furry warm musk, crumbling dry leaves and puffs of smoke and burning logs in the background. It is thee essential Autumn scent. Smoky, spicy, fuzzy and very comforting. Love it.