Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Honey Gingerbread

No description given

Spice bread.

The Ginger is somewhat biting at first but it does mellow out.

The Honey is rather sedate ... and it might be my imagination but it seems to me to have a slight floral bouquet to it.

It's like O and Gingerbread Poppet had a baby.

Ultimately like O, this ends up a skin scent rather than a more emotive Gingerbread Poppet. Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

Honey Gingerbread: OMG! Yum!! :joy: This is what I hoped Maison en Pain d'Epices would smell like. The honey is more dominant on me than the gingerbread but that's okay. I can definitely smell the gingerbread and I love it! :heart:

Edited by boxinghelena

I don't get much gingerbread - but that's ok, the honey is yum! Bright and delicious. I might try layering it with Gingerbread Poppet to bring out the gingerbread more. I like.

In bottle: Yep, that’s the lab’s gingerbread note, smoothed and sweetened by honey. Exactly as expected. Wet; the spices really explode on the skin, with the ginger strongly dominant among the spices. Meanwhile the cake bits of the gingerbread form a faction with the honey, which also makes a surge to dominance as it warms. It’s lovely and because of the grouping, a distinct variation on the gingerbread theme. If this came in bottles, I’d be hunting one. Dry: Very honey, and specifically like the concentrated honey pollen one can buy at a lot of farmer’s markets. It’s a delicious and unusual honey effect. The remnants of the gingerbread get together and haunt the background. This is the most interesting of the honey blends in a catalog with a plethera of glorious and unusual honey blends. Seriously, if this came in a bottle, I’d be hunting one, and I only regret my test sample is so small. If you like honey blends, this is a note not to be missed

Well...like some of the others, I get mostly honey in the drydown. Wet, I get both gingerbread and honey, but then the honey is dominant on me. But it smells JUST like the honey you get out of those cute bear shaped bottles! It is nice, but not for me.

HONEY + gingerbread. It's like O smeared all over Gingerbread Poppet.

Not a honey fan, but if I were, I'd track some of this down.

Wet: Pretty much amazing in the bottle. It’s as if warm gingerbread was drizzled in honey.

First on: Still spicy and powerful, but less sweet than in the bottle.

Dry: Same. Retains its throw and power. I want to lick myself.

Out of all of the Yule 2011 imps, this one smells the most accurate to me. It is exactly as advertised on my skin - a sweet, golden, realistic honey and spicy gingerbread. I have trouble wearing honey and spices, so it's not a dream scent for me, but it's simple and smells true to its name.

Just as I would have suspected, lots of spicy, bready gingerbread. Sweet, spicy and foody, but not really my thing, as I don't wear a lot of foody scents. This is delicious, however, and I love to eat something like this!

Honey Gingerbread is by far my favorite from this imp set. Both notes are obvious, but I especially adore the honey in this! It is absolutely delicious! This scent lasted all day on me without refreshing, and has a nice throw! Must have more... :lovestruck:

Picked up six tester scents from this release on eBay.

IN THE IMP: Definitely much more gingerbread than honey.

Dabbed on wrist.

WET: Strongly gingerbread and only minimally honey at the beginning. It is sweet, though. Pretty much a WYSIWYG but there is also something else lurking in the background that I can't put my finger on which I think may be a tad boozy, and that would fit the series.

DRYDOWN: Odd. Pleasant but a little ... salty? Herbal? I know no one's mentioned this so it could simply be my own weird body chemistry but I am getting a note that reminds me a little bit of chicken soup. There was a proto from awhile back, either Nine Mysteries or Obeah I think, where I also got a chicken soup mix. I am thinking it could be one of the spices in the gingerbread that reacts this way on me.

OVERALL: This may be the nicest of the batch on my skin but it's not really me.

On a scale of 1-5, a 3.