Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deceitfuldescender

Hockey Urchin Bath Oil

HOCKEY URCHIN
A warming, ache and pain relieving, muscle relaxing bath: red ginger with patchouli, chamomile, honey, allspice, and nutmeg, sprinkled with Epsom salts.

Note: This is using this as a moisturizer OUT of the bath.

The first thing I get hit with is the red ginger and allspice. Next I get epsom salt, luckily not overpowering like when you dump it in the bath. So far I don't really get the patchouli, nutmeg or chamomile, unless that is what is laying the ground work for a sort of earthy undertone. I'm hoping that some chamomile peeks out, as I really enjoy that note. This feels warm (not burny) on my skin, kind of like when you use heat activated massage oil, but not quite intense. May be worth trying in the bath.
Definitely pleasant, but may be better for bath use than for moisturizing as it is... strongish.

This is an interesting scent- not unpleasant, but not OMGLOVE like most of the bath oils have been to me. I haven't tried it in the bath yet, but I can see that this one will probably be better used as intended, rather than as an after shower moisturizer. The patchouli is present, but it's more of a grassy, herbal patchouli, tempered by the chamomile and spices. It's not overwhelmingly spicy though, even when applied post-shower I didn't get any burn from the ginger or spices, and all of the notes seem to blend together. Not one of my favorites, so I'm glad that I only got a decant of this one first.

I absolutely love this. :wub2: To me, it was very strong patchouli and less of the other notes, which is fine by me. The "warming" thing has me a little nervous though, and I would have liked to have used more than I did, but I couldn't help but worry about irritation to the lady bits, hehe.

:twisted:

I tested this today after a cold wet day and an hour's personal training and I am totally impressed - after a long soak in the tub my muscles have stopped screaming. It smells almost medicinal when it first goes in the bath, I guess that would be the epsom salts, but that's soon overtaken by a lovely steamy ginger and nutmeg cloud.

For the next couple of hours my bathroom smelt of spicy honey which was also wonderful, and it has an incredible throw on it, it wafted both up and down a floor! :wub2:

Hockey Urchin is definitely therapeutical. It smells medicinal and at the beginning it was herbally spicy (allspice and ginger) with a definitely salty edge to it.

When your body needs some serious TLC, break this out!