Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

Scrooge's Apartments Atmosphere Spray

SCROOGE'S APARTMENTS
They were a gloomy suite of rooms, in a lowering pile of building up a yard, where it had so little business to be, that one could scarcely help fancying it must have run there when it was a young house, playing at hide-and-seek with other houses, and forgotten the way out again.

Darkness is cheap, and Scrooge liked it: dust and darkness, a spoonful of gruel, and a low fire burning in the grate.

This smells Dark and Cold with the barest hints of smoke from a fire. If you have ever seen the animated version of the Scrooge tale, his apartment is always painted in dark blues, grays, and other dark colors. Beth captured those images perfect in this scent. I don't think I will purchase this as it makes me feel cold. But it is truly beautiful.

Ok I am going to try a review.This is my first atmosphere spray.The picture I get is of a regal old mansion that has been forgotten in time for many years.The furniture is wrapped in thick linen and the lace curtain are drawn closed over tall windows in the cold winterThe glass is thick but there is still stream of cold air pour through..under the doors through the minor cracks... There is no heat and cold marble floors.There is a a coating of dust on everything but it is not a "dirty" dust but rather a dust of age and time...just an aged cold elegance...so many years alone in the cold...perfect frozen in time...but there is just the smallest hint of a light glow to the scent..I would not go so far to say it is a "warm" scent or a fire scent but rather just a glow in the background...almost a cold glow....It is a beautiful scent...aged perfect in time..it is blened so well it just creates this perfect image for me....cold aged beauty..

I have a decant of this and use it occasionally in the kitchen for something different. :) This has a very similar feel to The Decrepit House perfume oil...they don't smell similar, but they seem to have the same vibe going on. This is almost too much for my nose (I actually had to water it down a bit - I know, I know...) but it smells great after it has had a chance to calm down and adjust to the space. :) I cannot describe the scent - it is warm and cold at the same time, and the word Mahogany keeps popping into my head. Pretty good, and I will definitely use up my decant.

Edited because scents DO NOT clam down. Nope...they just don't. I'm not dyslexic I swear...

Edited by Herb Girl

I also get mahogany or some dark wood with the smallest touch of something lemony. (then again, maybe mahogany just smells slightly lemony to me. Pandemonium certainly did.) Also, there's dust, possibly black musk and the faintest possible smell of oatmeal. This scent has actually made me want oatmeal now. And I don't really even like oatmeal. :huh?:

I can't tell whether this scent has a cold feel to it or not, especially since my room's cold anyway. This scent's just dark, formal wood. Dark wood and a small bowl of warm oatmeal. Mmm, warm oatmeal.

I never reviewed this, although I've had and used my decant since the original release. This is a cold, but dark scent with a sharp metallic note. Although there is no mention of it in the description, I can easily imagine Marley's chains jangling while Scrooge is sitting there. Very evocative of the scene between them

Scrooge's Apartment is one of the more atmospheric blends I've ever smelled.

It's cool, somewhat dark, and smells fancy. It smells like a fancy Edwardian house that no one has lived in for a while. It smells like dark, formal woods, a light layer of dust, rich velvet trappings.

"Like, here, I have this super old summer house that I inherited that I only rarely visit even if it looks like Downtown Abbey. Sorry about the super old furniture and the dark wood ambiance, I've been meaning to remodel into something more contemporary but my great grandfather brought it over with William the Conqueror and honestly, not sure if its worth the bother" - sort of vibe.

Honestly, if you have a SO and ever want to spruce up their place, I would spray this. It smells like wealth, class, and manly.