Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mooncityminx

Opium Tar

OPIUM TAR
Opium accord and black currant.

The label has a cute shield surrounded by filigree, topped with a skull. The shield has designs in four quadrants, a bomb, the brimstone symbol, lips, and the triple dagger heart.

This was included in my etsy loot when my Looking Glass Bath Oil arrived today.

It's a greyish-white powder in a cute little plastic jar with a metal lid. I haven't used it yet, but it smells sort of fruity, like berries, just sniffing from the jar.

Thank you, Puddin! :wub2:

UPDATE: I used about half of the jar in my bathtub today. (Half because the other half stuck in there and I decided it looked like it was bubbling plenty.) I now have identified the "fruity" scent as being very similar to Poisoned Apple, but with more poison than apple. It's really very lovely. Edited by LiberAmoris

In the jar- slightly 'moist' seeming grey powder. The scent is heavy on the opium, with the black currant in the background.

I have used this 3 times, and used only a light sprinkling in my bath, it doesn't seem to need much to get a strong scent going. In the water the opium and black currant balance out, and it makes the water feel silky smooth.

The scent does linger on my skin for several hours after bathing. Subtle and lovely. I really like this a lot.

In packet: Heady, clean yet hazy. The currant is evident, tart and fruity. The opium is magnificent, hard to pin down - but really nice when I catch a whiff.

In bath: Will update once tested.

Opium Tar - This is a lovely product. I only used a couple of small scoops, but it was enough to get a light bubble and the entire bathroom was beautifully fragrant. Also, it turns the water gray. The water feels silkier because of the powder, too. The scent is wonderful - mostly opium, but not IN YOUR FACE opium. It's gentler than I expected. The black currant adds a nice, dark fruitiness to the scent and sweetens it up a bit, but not in a super-sweet or super-juicy way. I had a very relaxing bath using this.

Fruity blackcurrant with a bit of a 'bite' in the container. In the bath, this is probably the only bath brew so far that I can smell anything after adding it to the water. I wouldn't say the water has scent, but the air around the tub. It's mostly the blackcurrant, and maaybe a touch of the opium. There was some bubbles this time around, though they didn't last.

I really wish the scent had stuck around longer because it is wonderful. If I could pick one of the bubbling bath potions to turn into a perfume oil or a bath oil or a room spray it would be this one. Fruity Opium Tar...delicious. But...no bubbles, no fizzing, barely any scent after it hit the water, and I have an uber-sensitive nose. :cry2: Perfume oil or bath oil please!!!

I find Opium Tar to be the most heavily scented of the bath brews I've tried. Again, it makes the water silky and milky, and it smells like black currants and a hint of opium.

I'd adore it with a teensy bit more of sweetness (why hello Tears of Seraphim, would you like to come play too?) but its still lovely and I would still use it as is.