Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
calivianya

The Wiley Grasser

Pine needles, wildflowers, and cotton candy.

So neat!! I can really smell the pine and the cotton candy!! I like it but the BF doesn't :(

ETA- Who do I have to BEG :beg: to get this without the pine??

The Wiley Grasser - This is a really weird scent and I can't decide if I love it or hate it. I think I don't really like it, but find it extremely intriguing because it's so odd, and even though I don't really like it on me, I have to admit this weird combination of notes works really well together. It's super sweet, pink sugar-like cotton candy blended with a car freshener-like pine, and the floral sweetness of gentle flowers. I think the reason I don't like it is that there's something medicinal or astringent about the pine, at least with my skin chemistry. But the cotton candy scent is so freaking amazing, and that's why it was hard to decide if it was a "love" or "hate" scent. It's one of the most unique scents I've ever encountered. I'm tempted to keep it for that reason alone, but honestly, with that weird astringent and bitter pine note, I'd never actually reach for it.

Wet, this is delightful. Like a Christmas tree decorated with superpink candies, crowned with tiny, rare nightblooming flowers.

On my skin, all I get is salty boiled peanuts. I hate my skin.

Strawberry lip balm. At first.

But then, there's a touch of pine resin rounding things out, and wisps of real spun sugar cotton candy. Maybe a few flowers. I don't notice them much but they give the scent a little light complexity.

I'm so confused. I already have Boo! and Faith for all my sugary needs. This is truly lovely but I'll probably stick to my decant.

On the skin: Pine needles and cotton candy. Weeeeeird. Kinda a lighter scent than I thought it would be. Pine needles fade pretty quickly and the cotton candy takes over completely. Huh, I might keep this one around for a bit. Not sure if it is really my thing though.

I didn't spring for a bottle of this right away because I was a little leery of the pine and cotton candy combo. Strangely, it works! I don't even get too much pine, but what is there combines with the floral elements to make this smell like eating cotton candy outside in a field of wildflowers surrounded by pine trees in the springtime. As it dries down the pine all but fades completely, and I'm left with a sweet pink cotton candy scent backed by soft wildflowers that balance it out. Glad to say it did turn into a bottle. :D

Edited by Invidiana

Blast of pine needles from the bottle. This isn't a fake pine but a natural prickly pine needle scent. On my skin the pine fades quickly, leaving pink cotton candy a la Plastic Pink Flamingo's.

Tested this straight from the mail, it may change a bit once it's rested.

When I tested this I got an overwhelming amount of pine-y floral grass. As it dried, I finally got cotton candy. All in all, it was pretty compelling in a really surprising way and I almost wish I got a bottle when I had the chance. Almost. *hugs decant*

yes yes yes yesssssssss :joy: got one of those last bottles before it was OOS!

I love it, I tried it a while ago from a friend

and we all were like, wow, it DOES really smell very nice on you :heart:

so, now I have my bottle and now I can smell whenever I feel like it,

as a flowery and gooey marshmallowed Wiley Grasser myself :yum:

EDIT: mini update:

it truly.. is.. amazingggggggg

how GOOD this Wiley Grasser is on my skin!!! :thud:

today I got 2 compliments, when I was out the door for only 15 minutes :eek:

bizar maybe, but very true :yum:

I am to-tal-ly in love!!! this is probably my own new signature scent!!!

Edited by lunaticana

Initial diagnosis: Was most excited to try this out of the Pickman/Weenies batch. In bottle/freshly applied: pine and wildflowers. Trace of sweetness of cotton candy/sugar.

Final diagnosis: Pine burns off quickly--unusual for my chemistry. Mostly light flowers and a bit of sugar after. Mild throw and limited duration. Work appropriate. Similar to country chic by bath & body works but not as strong. Will stick to that for my wildflower needs...

The Wiley Grasser is probably my favourite of the Sidney Sime line. Pine on its own is sharp and sinus-clearing; cotton candy is pleasant in an uncomplicated sort of way, but sometimes comes across as artificial or cloying; they play off each other very well and tone down each other's more extravagant qualities. The result is a pine scent that is not Christmassy or furniture polish-like at all, and a cotton candy that doesn't feel fake or have the usual unfortunate middle school associations. The wildflowers come out mostly on drydown, and smell pale and golden. The result is a scent that evokes old-fashioned watercolour illustrations of fairytale forests, all pink trees and pastel flowers. Delicate, feminine, childlike, but not mawkish.

So sad! I wanted OMGCOTTONCANDY! but I get wildflowers. Wildflowers are great, but it's not what I hoped for.

wily grasser… is a weird scent! weird, but delicious.

on my skin there is a blast of cotton candy sweetness! it's fluffy and sugary and i can practically taste it! the wildflowers are soft, a different kind of sweet, and they soon become the dominant note. i get a BLAST of fresh pine needles that fades away into the background as it dries. it's all cotton candy and flowers after that- fluffy pink flowers. fun and sweet.

Very faint pine with sweet, sticky PINK cotton candy upon first application. I love these sorts of odd but amazing combinations the lab produces! It turns very slightly plasticky but nothing bothersome to my nose... maybe I'm just accepting of that based on my love of notorious "plastic" notes like vanilla. I never get any flowers, it just smells like delightfully sweet pine.

In the decant and when this is initially applied, I get a blast of pine needles.

Then they calm down, and the wildflowers and cotton candy peek out. They become more prominent over time until it becomes a sugared wildflower scent. I think the wildflowers in this may be the same as the ones found in Venus Verticordia, but it also kind of reminds me of Butterfly Nectar Bath Oil.

This is a nice sugary floral scent if you can get through the initial blast of pine. :)