Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Bones Trombone

Pie crust, smears of blueberry marshmallow cream and lemon meringue, and hemlock.

Sugary blueberry pastry with a hint of lemon, and topped with a dollop of marshmallow cream. I'm not exactly sure what hemlock smells like on its own, but all I'm getting is dessert-y goodness, so either it's undetectable or compliments the sweetness perfectly.

As it dries, the sugar calms down a bit (but it's still deliciously sweet), and the lemon and marshmallow become more prominent and gain equal footing with the blueberry and pie crust.

Overall: Delicious, exactly as described. This has become one of my favorites. :heart:

I haven't reviewed this?! Oh, how I love this creepy clown. He's fun, kinda lurking in the shadows, waiting to surprise your face with some pie!

At first, I get somewhat of a menthol flavor, perhaps something slightly green. I would guess that's the hemlock, but I don't know. Someone else noticed a Carmex-like smell, so yay, I'm not losing my mind. I super-slathered, so it's taking a while for the green note to dissipate. It slowly reveals a bit of pie crust and a bit of lemon curd.

Wet: Oooo! This smells like lemon meringue pie with blueberries. The lemon is VERY tart. Love it.

Dry: Some of the lemon tartness has faded, but it's still absolutely present. I'd say the lemon is stronger than the blueberry scent; definitely what I would call a lemon meringue pie scent, with just a hint of blueberries.

Delicious. As a lover of blueberry scents, I wish the blueberry note was a TAD stronger on the dry down, but the lemon scent is so freaking good I can't be mad at it. :heart: 

Bones Trombone starts off super lemon-y on me, and it is a tart lemon instead of a sugary lemon note, but the marshmallow (which is lightly tinged with blueberry) and meringue are quick to join in, making this a really lovely, creamy lemony marshmallow scent with just a bit of blueberry and a slight herbal element from the hemlock! By the end of the day, the marshmallow note reigns over all, with just touches of the other notes.

I'll be holding onto this decant to pair with Cabbage White Caterpillar Hair Gloss. :dance: