Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Invidiana

Lady Lovibond v2

So here we have another lovely ghost ship story: the Lady Lovibond set sail on Feb. 13 of all days. Her captain thought it would make a novel setting for his wedding reception belowdecks; what he didn't see coming was the jealous first mate who allegedly crashed the ship into a sand bank. Its phantom is said to reappear around there every 50 years.

This is a multifaceted blend. It actually evokes the atmosphere of a tropical locale where a ship like the Lady Lovibond (which was actually headed to Portugal) would dock for the honeymoon that never happened: lush greens and heady exotic blooms, possibly orchid, tuberose, ylang ylang, pikake. I'm tempted to say gardenia but I don't distinctly get gardenia from this though it may be hiding in there somewhere since the floral aspect has an overall tropical vibe. The greens start off a little sharp and slightly lemony but the lemony tinge quickly mellows and allows the flowers to shine. I In the background there is that same distinct seaspray note as in the Mary Celeste proto, except it is given an additional burst of refreshment by what must definitely be a hint of cucumber. It doesn't scream cucumber per se, just gives it a vibe of clear skies and open air above the sparkling ocean water. The sea and sky coupled with the leaves and flowers make for an entire scented landscape. All these elements make for a fascinating blend, and I imagine it will only improve with age.

Methinks there is a ghost ship series being tinkered with here. It's tantalizing me like hell and I only hope it becomes a reality!

Edited by Invidiana

Ah Lady Lovibond, I think I may love you. You're the type of green, lush floral with a clean edge that I love. On wet, the lush greenness is almost like the crushed stems of plants and oddly reminiscent to green pepper. As you dry, its less green peppery and more in the background as the florals come out to play. Definitely orchid (which I'm sort of amping) and another tropical flower with a edge of lemon.

I think there's a bit of cucumber in this.

And... uh... I think I'm in love. :wub2:

ETA: This definitely has some green pepper, as this is much stronger in the bottle than in the imp. Can also smell the pikaki in this. It is much green peppery/lime-ish on wet. As it dries, the orchid, lily and the pikaki come out more. Mmm. Delicious!

Edited by zankoku_zen

Upon first application, this is a very salty lime floral. The lime is strong and stays that way for a good 10-20 minutes with the salty like feeling backing it up. There is just a hint of floral at this stage but it starts to emerge and is beautiful. Probably orchid, pikake, and perhaps tubersose. Maybe lily of the valley? I dunno but I get a bit of a lily-ish vibe here. Very white feeling and almost waxy floral that doesn't smell waxy, if you know what I mean? The lime and 'salt' retreat to the background and kind of hold down the floral aspect, keeping it from running into complete 'heady floral' territory.

Beautiful sea spray-ish floral, very summery and cooling.

Complex and evocative, I get a distinct scent of salty breeze and zesty lime over lush, tropical blooming flowers, that amp with time. I also get a little bit of watery cucumber but it's soft and stays in the background for the most part. It settles into a complex, somewhat strong tropical flower scent.

This is sort of a perfumey, tropical orchid smell on my skin, slightly soapy. The soap calms down after about a half hour and it's more of a creamy floral, and I can smell the citrus that others have mentions (smells more lemony than lime-like on me, sadly). It's sort of a fresh, tropical, citrus-floral smell with an edge of soap on my skin.

On me, this is a fresh green floral. Lovely, but it turns soapy (on me), then takes me to headache town. On the plus side, it's lasting a long time! :huh?:

In the bottle and wet on the skin, it smells exactly like gardening a pea patch.  As it dries down, it becomes a heady tropical floral. Definitely a strong green note to it. I see where folks are getting cucumber from it, though that isn't precisely how it reads on me. It's suprisingly strong, but not overwhelming. I don't think its one that I would have sought based on description, but now that I have tried it I am very glad it came my way.