GINGERBREAD POPPET
And he ran till he came across a fox, and to him he called out:

I've run away from a little old woman,
A little old man,
A barn full of threshers,
A field full of mowers,
A cow and a horse,
And I can run away from you, I can!

Then the fox set out to run. Now foxes can run very fast, and so the fox soon caught the gingerbread boy and began to eat him up. Presently the gingerbread boy said, "Oh dear! I'm quarter gone!" And then, "Oh, I'm half gone!" And soon, "I'm three-quarters gone!" And at last, "I'm all gone!" and never spoke again.

Brown sugar, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, clove, raisin, orange zest, and a little frosting.

Oh, I love this soap. it's warm and cozy, without any of the cinnamon burn I was expecting (my skin is randomly sensitive to cinnamon). The scent didn't last much beyond the shower, but it was a pleasant, happy experience. Literally, like throwing a bunch of gingerbread men in your tub while you shower. I find the actual gingerbread poppet oil a little bit stronger, but since I want to be able to put oils on after the shower without my toiletry interfering with my scents, I'm rather glad this doesn't last.
Worth at least buying a bar, and for myself, I think I'll have to pick up one or two extra to get my through this chilly winter.

A happy scent that reminds me of the warm kitcheny scents of winter.

LOL - this truly smells like gingerbread out of the oven!

smooth lather, gently scented skin after use.

very nice soap - I can see why people like the BPAL version of this scent so much!

This is definitely pure gingerbread all the way, and I can still smell it after I'm down showering, which is rare. Wonderful soap, definitely glad I caught a backup.

A quick heads up: if your skin is sensitive, then hold off using it a bit; I tried a first run when my skin was a little on the sensitive, raw side, and it caused a bit of stinging, which I've never had happen with any other soap. My skin's back to normal, now, though, and it's just fine.

This is so much like washing yourself with a bar of gingerbread I'm tempted to eat it. It is a bit on the spicy side, spicier than Sagardoa though note quite as spicy as Pumpkin Pie bath oil, but if you have sensitive skin I do recommend a patch test first.

This is a very yummy soap indeed-it's different than the perfume in my opinion-less straight actual fresh from an oven gingerbread and more gingerbread inspired. It's a bit sweet, a bit spicy, warm and gingery, and definitely more than a little foody. I will say, for some reason I think the villainess soap base is maybe a bit more pronounced here than in other bpal/villainess soaps-I don't know how to describe the scent, but I'm sure other villainess soap users know what I'm talking about-it's not bad, just noticeable.

In terms of quality of the product as a soap, it's consistent and lovely as always-I never get a really thick foamy lather from Villainess, but the luxurious, creamy lather feels wonderful on my skin, and is never drying. The same is true with this soap-a very silky lather.

Overall, not my favorite bpal soap (I think plastic jack o lantern still holds that title), but I definitely recommend this soap to foodies. It's not a straight up gingerbread poppet scent like the perfume, but if you liked gingerbread poppet, I cannot imagine you won't like this soap!

Bear in mind that this soap is over 10 years old.

It's still a solid little brick. Good lather, great Villainess soap base.

The scent is however very faint. It smells sort of spicy and a with a whiff of sugary molasses.