Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
gingiemay

Rimmon Soap

RIMMON
Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks. – the Song of Solomon, 4:3

Tart and sweet pomegranate. This works much better on my skin than the lab's pom perfume notes. The soap is a fabulous purple color with a magenta sparkle on top.

This has a very smooth, addictive lather, and a very rich, ripe pomegranate juice scent. There is perhaps a touch of something darker, like a deep musk, but it's otherwise very close to the fruit itself.

Smooth, slightly dark lather, what with the beautiful purple and black swirls, and a good pomegranate scent. Nice, but not anything I absolutely need more of.

Red, bloody, sensual pomegranate. I'm saving this one for Valentine's season! Unless I end up craving it ravenously and uncontrollably before that of course.

Absolutely fantastic. I wanted to buy up all of the Lab's Trading Post's stock, but alas, I am not made of money. I am in pomegranate heaven. :thud:

Edited by MelanieSuzanne

Got a sample slice of this to test. The pom seems to work better for me in soap-form than it does in oil form (perfume oil pom turns bitter and powdery-dry on my skin). This smells tart and slightly candy-sweet, but still has a bright, juicy, fruity feel to it. It makes a good hand soap, though I do find it slightly drying.

Rimmon Soap - This is a great-smelling soap. I often can't wear the Lab's pomegranate perfume oils, even though I love the scent of them, so it's been nice to have a pomegranate soap to use so I can enjoy that pomegranate fragrance. It's bright and juicy, although I think the soap should have been scented a little stronger, but I tend to like my soaps REALLY fragrant. As with all Villainess soaps, it's a luxurious and silky lather and a top-notch quality product.

Given that this bar is almost 9 years old, holla at the quality folks.

This still smells vaguely of tart, rich, sweet pomegranate. Not a ton of fragrance throw, but it's there. Good lather, love it.