Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pomegranate, white musk, lemon verbena, grapefruit, pink lime.

Wow, this one is...different. Cloyingly candy-like in the bottle and fresh on my skin, almost nauseating at first (shades of Candy Phoenix *shudder*). On dry down, it's like a fizzy pomegranate lemonade. Refreshing and nice. I can't believe I like something this sweet! :D

Very fizzy and citrus-y. Great Indian summer scent, when it's still hot and kind of dry, and you want something light and refreshing on your pulse points.

Then it starts to smell like, I swear to you, pomegranate-tinged cotton candy floss. Apparently my skin thinks this is tasty, because it eats it up. All gone.

I love pomegranate, and I had such high hopes for Pom II. It smelled deliciously fruity and fresh in the bottle, with just a floral hint from the verbena. Alas, on my skin the white musk amped so severely that the other notes could barely get a look in. :cry2: Off to the swaps!

expect to find in this bottle the replacement to my beloved Candy phoenix, and I find in place, the small and naughty son of midwinter's eve and Croquet, which surprised me and I like it because I love both. :wub2:

In the imp: Pom and lime with a hint of musk.

Wet on skin: Sugar dissolved into a mix of fresh-squeezed lime and grapefruit juice.

Dry on skin: Candied grapefruit with a hint of pomegranate. The scent's very nice while it lasts, but it doesn't linger all day like some perfumes. It starts getting faint by about an hour and a half, and is completely gone by 3 hours.

Would be a favorite go-to if it just lasted longer.

Pomegranate II

On: So bright, tart, and sweet! Very citrussy and lovely.

1 hour in: Tart, powdery candy.

6.5 hours in: Still powdery and tart.

Overall: This is nice, but I don't think I'd try to hunt down more.

Sniffed: Fruity! I can smell all the notes.

On skin: Pomegranate, verbena, grapefruit and lime (I can pick out all of them) blend to create a bright, richly juicy, almost tooth-achingly sweet fruity scent, grounded by imperceptible white musk. Pomegranate is prominent here, and I can discern how it undergirds the whole blend, with the other fruits accenting it. Verbena has a propensity to turn a whole scent into something thin and sour on my skin, and it attempts to do so here, but the other notes are resisting. Thankfully they win out, and Pomegranate II settles into bright, sweet, non-citrus fruit, if a little generic in the end.

Verdict: Very pretty, but it's a bit too sweet for me! Lovers of pomegranate and/or pure fruity blends ought to try this, though!

Not as heavy on the pomegranate as I hoped, but definitely a keeper. I love the combination of grapefruit and lime that I'm getting over the white musk (my favorite kind!). Fruity and fun.

This is a very fresh, citrus-y perfume with the lemon and grapefruit notes being quite pronounced in the opening. PomII is very light and airy, very summery. I could see myself wearing this a lot in the warmer weather as it's so cheerful and uplifting. It certainly doesn't feel like a Halloween scent to me, it's far to fruity and happy.

Over the wear of PomII the citrus notes quieten and let the namesake shine through. It wears wonderfully, albeit not the most long lasting perfume in history.

I ran both scents by the boy and he favours the sweet, fruity scents so Pomegranate was a winner with him. Not that this clouds my judgment, I regularly wear perfumes that he hates :)

Oh my God, this is the perfect fruit scent that I've been searching for from the Lab. Move over Fruit Moon, Pom II is here to take your place!

It helps that I absolutely love pomegranate as a food, plus white musk and citrus as scents. This is effervescent, almost sparkling with a kind of zing, and I can tell that it's going to be my go-to fruit for summer. The throw and staying power are also fantastic.

In short: YUM.