Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

SANCTUS
The Sanctus are considered by some pious vampires to be the saints of their kind, and from what we have gleaned, they are very likely the stuff of myth. These vampires are paragons that possess impossible, phenomenal powers that defy known physics, including the ability to shift shape, turn into a gaseous form, and command other vampires through will alone. The mythological Sanctus are venerated by some, but we have no evidence whatsoever that they truly exist.

Diabolically otherworldly: golden osmanthus, lily of the valley, celestial musk, and frankincense.

Sanctus smells bright to me when applied. It's sweet, fruity, almost citrus wet and in initial stages. The dry down is woody musk with only a hint of sweetness. I'm definitely glad to have tried it and might wear it more when the weather is warm or I need a mood pick-up.

in the bottle: oh my God, finally the osmanthus scent I've been looking for! Beautiful, delicate osmanthus blossoms float up to greet my nose, with the tiniest bit of green leaves, sharp lily, and gritty, resiny frankincense behind it; this smells exactly like the osmanthus bushes planted by the door of my childhood home – cool, delicate, light, and enticing

wet: the lily of the valley blooms and takes over initially, coupled with a very light musk, turning this blend all bright white floral at first; then it starts reading as mostly sharp citrus up close, though the throw stays truer to the initial osmanthus scent in the bottle

dry: alas, the musk takes over and turns into candy powder here :( The bit that got on my hair stayed true holy grail osmanthus, though, so I'll wandcap the bottle and use it in my hair.

I love all of these notes alone, so I have high hopes for this!

Wet: The Lily s most prominent at first. There's an almost fruity quality to this. It's a little dusty on me, somehow, as well. Really interesting. It smells almost tropical to me!

Dry: This didn't last very long on me. I think it will need another test, it's fresh out of the mail and my skin was a bit dry and sucked it up. It wasn't what I was expecting though. It turned out to be a dry, dusty, yet bright golden floral. It was pretty, but gone so quickly!

This goes on with a strong lemon bite from the frankincense, with the other qualities of frankincense kickin' it in the background, and flowery osmanthus (which is an almost fruity flower scent that I find very ethereal and pops up a lot in otherworldly blends in BPAL). The other notes are all there as it dries, and there's definitely a golden, somber feel to this one. The lily isn't super strong and just seems to kind of float; the musk is just mingling with its resinous qualities.

I find frankincense usually gets less lemony on me but this one doesn't seem to, maybe because it's fresh? The osmanthus calms down a little bit on the drydown - the strong fruit note that it can have does at least - but I found all the notes of this consistently detectable the entire time I wore it.

This does have a somber but bright and gleaming feel to it. It works really well for mythical vampires, but it doesn't feel like a ~dark vampire scent~, for which I'll presumably have to try something else in this line.

I amp lily of the valley, so not surprisingly that was the predominant note on me here, tempered by the pale musk. This is a beautiful, lemony lily blend, very wearable. I'm not really certain what osmanthus smells like, so I'm not sure if the citrusy vibe comes from the flower or the frankincense, which otherwise stays mostly in the background for me. Lovely!

I was hoping this would have a stronger frankincense base, but it is definitely a floral scent. The hint of musk keeps it from being toooo house cleaner in a spray bottle, but it definitely teases. I'm going to save this for the springtime and reassess. It's pleasant and office-friendly. Just perhaps too clean for me.

I imagine this might be what Lestat smells like...

Ethereal and golden. I'm not the biggest fan of pale florals, but it's quite nice. Sadly after a couple of hours only the musk is left, and it's not a note that I like on its own.