Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
thedarklady

Mimosa scents?

I love L'Artisan's Mimosa Pur Moi - is there any similar BPAL scents?

Description:

A reminder of weekends spent on the Riviera amidst mimosa flowers. The fragrance embodies a bouquet of mimosas: the flowers, the leaves & the stem.

Fresh, floral and green, the fragrance is gradually refreshed, never leaving the skin but always emitting a new, silky aura. Mimosa pour Moi will leave you feeling as radiant as the flower itself.

Notes: Mimosa, violet leaves and blackcurrant bud.

Sadly I think most, if not all mimosa scents were discontinued.

But you might still be able to find imps of Eris, Madrid, Succubus, Masabakes, or Tanin'iver. None of those w

ere pure mimosa, though. (There was a mimosa single-note released, but it might be even more difficult to find.)

I love L'Artisan's Mimosa Pur Moi - is there any similar BPAL scents?

Description:

A reminder of weekends spent on the Riviera amidst mimosa flowers. The fragrance embodies a bouquet of mimosas: the flowers, the leaves & the stem.

Fresh, floral and green, the fragrance is gradually refreshed, never leaving the skin but always emitting a new, silky aura. Mimosa pour Moi will leave you feeling as radiant as the flower itself.

Notes: Mimosa, violet leaves and blackcurrant bud.

Edited by patina

Overprotective-Possessed Talking Doll has mimosa in it - but it's a bright, summery scent versus a "deeper" scent (and it's harder to find - it was one of the Inquisition scents from the Trading Post last year) - it has that bright mimosa feel to it though - and I'm sure you could find a decant or tester:

A sweet and disquieting mix of mimosa and strawberry.

Edited by GirlinDenial

There are four mimosa scents currently available from the Lab, but unfortunately none are impable (three are CD and one is Salon).

Marianne: Red musk, bergamot, black currant, mimosa, orchid, patchouli, and lotus root.

Melisande, The Puppet Mistress: Jasmine sambac, dark musk, violet water, vanilla bean and mimosa.

The Grindhouse: Florentine iris, red musk, mimosa, magnolia, Damascus rose, clove, and vanilla bean.

Monna Vanna: Russian rose, mimosa, gardenia, bois du rose, parma violet, calla lily, red currant, ambergris, and bourbon vanilla.

I can easily imagine that you might like any of these (note that Marianne has blackcurrant, and Melisande and Monna Vanna have violet).

Edited by reconditarmonia

There are four mimosa scents currently available from the Lab, but unfortunately none are impable (three are CD and one is Salon).

Marianne: Red musk, bergamot, black currant, mimosa, orchid, patchouli, and lotus root.

Melisande, The Puppet Mistress: Jasmine sambac, dark musk, violet water, vanilla bean and mimosa.

The Grindhouse: Florentine iris, red musk, mimosa, magnolia, Damascus rose, clove, and vanilla bean.

Monna Vanna: Russian rose, mimosa, gardenia, bois du rose, parma violet, calla lily, red currant, ambergris, and bourbon vanilla.

I can easily imagine that you might like any of these (note that Marianne has blackcurrant, and Melisande and Monna Vanna have violet).

Marianne isn't currently available from the lab due to component issues, but I have seen some on the forum sales recently.

So sad... Mimosa is such a wonderful scent... :( I hope the Lab finds a new source for mimosa soon because I had to resort to Lush for my mimosa fix.

Of the BPAL ones I tried before their discontinuation none had a strong and dominant, fresh mimosa note. Marianne pairs it with a lot of Red Musk, Madrid is mostly bitter red wine and clove and Tannin'Iver was a somewhat fruity and rather complex blend but the main ingredient remained dragon's blood since it was an Ars Draconis line blend.

Sign in to follow this