Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Solitude w/ Pillow Book v1

In the bottle: Grassy paper/wood pulp - much like Ü, but a much softer, lighter scent.

On me: Greener, brighter. Definitely some fresh-cut grass, some of that same balsam note from Ü, some dry wood that could be a sandalwood, or a well-behaved cedar (the wood note reminds me a bit of the woodiness in Jolly Roger), and a light, sweet floral (s) which I am almost positive is cherry blossom - maybe some peony in here too, and something like a vanilla musk? It's slow to dry but sweetening rapidly on my skin. I also get a fruity edge, something-sweet tart and tropical - mangosteen? This is very multi-faceted and complex and doesn't fit neatly into one category of scent. It has green, woody, musky, floral and fruity elements but I wouldn't peg it as clearly being ONE of those - it reminds me of Croquet in that regard.

Edited by fairnymph

This was a really faint, grassy and sweet scent. Maybe a bit of a chamomile in it? It wasn't too herbal, but it wasn't really too anything. It faded pretty fast on my skin, which is saying something, because this was one of those "OOPS I DIDN'T MEAN TO APPLY SO MUCH!" scents.

From the bottle I picked up the slightest hint of banana so I promptly added it to my list. I skin tested it this morning and it was tropical fruits and that sweet tropical air I remember from living in Hawaii. Reminds me of waking up in a plush hotel room with a breakfast of the finest fruits from the islands all waiting on the lanai on a beautiful clear and sunny day. I don't get any floral notes, just a soft, innocent, sweet dusting of the tropics.

Ooooh! This one smells a bit like sugary lime to me at first! A bit of tartness and slightly.... airy. This seems quite tropical to me. Not quite what I was expecting, but I like it! No floral notes for me as far as I can tell.

In the bottle, I'm getting sugary tropical fruits, with a hint of cherry blossom in there? On my skin, it's pretty much tropical fruits that are pretty quickly going rancid on me. ARGH. Two misses out of three so far with the proto bottles, so here's hoping Amaterasu will not fail on me.

Green grassy, cherry blossom or peony, some sort of golden musk underneath. Slightly fruity overtone.

Pretty, feminine, green.

This is a tropical fruity-floral mishmash on my skin, with a bit of green grass thrown in. I can't pick out any one note; it sort of reminds me of Shango in that it just smells like a swirl of different, fresh fruits. It smells like waking up on a resort on a tropical island and opening your suite window to a cool breeze infused with flowers, fruits, and green grass. Very pretty and refreshing. I might try to track down a bottle of this, except that it fades incredibly fast on me (only lasts about an hour and is pretty light & subtle).

Solittude w/ Pillow Book – This is really lovely. It’s not nearly as green as I anticipated from previous reviews. There’s a lot of chamomile in this, along with a bit of greenery, and something else kind of sweet that I can’t pinpoint (cherry blossom?) There may be a bit of frankincense in it, too. I really love this and wish I had more than just a tiny bit!

This is a very fresh, airy, clean scent on me. I get tropical florals, a bit of green and soft tropical fruits? The fruit smells like fresh tropical fruit salad, like starfruit with a hint of fresh melon, something pulpy and fresh. I also get hints of soft linen as it dries.

Edited by cfrancesca