Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Butter Arsenic

Sharp, soapy, synthetic chemicalness (isopropyl/rubbing alcohol with a bit of fake butter); aptly poisonous.

:ack:

Please note that I really hate anything buttery personally, so I am not likely to review any blend that is buttery in a positive light, even popular foody GC scents, so your experience may differ. I also have yet to skin test this one. It did sell out though, I think?

Edited by fairnymph

I got zero butter or anything chemical from this! :lol: I have no idea what is is, but it's a smooth, dark 'poison', but there's something slightly resinous about it and on the whole, it's a good smell. Very interesting and unique.

I didn't skin test this, but all I can tell you is that it is STRONG! My impressions from smelling the bottle can often be different than when applied to skin, so take this with a grain of salt, but the headache that I had already been developing from sniffing so many blends proceeded to explode when I smelled Butter Arsenic. I got a really strong, chemical and herbal blast. Not so much butter, but lots of bitter.

nothing butter about this, it is a clean dark metalic blend, like a lab with a bunsen burner aflame in the background

This is so interesting! I get no butter whatsoever, but it is smooth, so maybe that's were the name comes from. Resins and black musk? At times I think I get some black opium. I don't know, I'm somewhat lost with this one. There's something else here I don't think I've ever smelt before. Dark, masculine and strong. At times it reminds me of Romanti.Goth but that one is much sweeter. It's not bad, on the right person it could really work.

One of the darkest scents I've ever tried, it really does smell poisonous!

There is no damn butter in here! :lol: It's actually a dark, slightly powdery resinous bottle of joy! :lovestruck: It also smells clean and dark as well. I am so glad I bought this bottle!

Butter Arsenic - Oh God, I love this! :heart: It opens up with a really strong blast of almost chemical-like resins, but that calms down immediately upon drydown, and then I keep catching wafts of the most amazing dark and warm scent around me. It's amber without being powdery, and there may be a bit of sandalwood in it, and maybe some opoponax, but I'm not sure about that guess at all. It's just warm and resinous and so beautiful. I am so glad I had the chance to try this out, but I'm so sad that there's not much chance of finding more!

I actually love buttery scents, so I'm sad that this doesn't have any buttery tones to it at all. This starts off as bitter, dark green herbs and something sharp and chemical-y on my skin (almost like a sharp, perfumey sort of musk). As it dries down, the scent softens but, unfortunately, also turns to baby powder on my skin. There's probably amber in this, because bpal's amber notes often turn to a warm, dusty baby powder smell.

I'm definitely not a fan of this scent...

Dude... is this Venom? Because both the feel and smell is very similar. I get a very whiff of jasmine, and then it burns down to a dark resinous blend - still with the jasmine overlay.

It's smokier than Venom, and it has a dark green herbal overtone as opposed to the berries in Venom. It has more of a 'gunpowder' kick a la Gun Moll.

I can see this appealing to those that like Voodoo Queen, Gun Moll and Venom. Dark, sinuous, lethal.

I got a small amount of this in an imp in a package and I didn't even try it out on my skin because in the imp it smells like my Great Aunt, which is to say, mothballs.

Butter Arsenic is dark, resinous and a little powdery. The first 5 or so minutes on my skin is really intense, but it fades leaving a dark amber musk with a faint sweetness. I feel like it's Gun Moll's wicked stepsister, because they both have the same things going on. It's definitely a Fall/Winter scent but I'm glad I got a bottle of this.

This is sweet, resinous perfection. I do not get any kind of chemical smell from this at all, on my skin. I think the term "butter" is a misnomer, as there is no buttery note in this. If anything, I smell opium and amber - probably a dark amber. There are some faint hints of spices, but I couldn't tell you with any certainty what those spices are. They are all rolled into the opium to make one delicious, sensuous, amazing, grown up scent. So much awesomeness.

Good throw and longevity.

Edited by Ellebelle

Butter Arsenic:

I really didn't care for this scent at all, which made me sad upon receiving it. I got a bright herbal scent overwhelmed by leather and resins. It pretty much stayed the same on my skin (except it took on a weird, funky house with an unshowered person kind of a tone after 8 hours) and people at work kept asking me what was wrong with my perfume. Alas, not my cuppa.