Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cannabis blossom, tonka bean, tobacco, frankincense, galangal, juniper berry, lantana, spiky aloe, green and white teas, and salty sea spray.

It was absolutely and completely worth hunting down this bottle after I missed one on ebay. I'm a west-coaster, so I just totally needed this scent (it's as close as I'll ever get to a pacific tree-octopus).

I can't tell the notes in this, it's so well blended, but it's a funky, mossy aquatic every time I wear it. I have to slather a bit since it stays close to my skin, but it's soft and delicious.

Straight from the bottle I am getting . . . apples and spices and sweet wine? huh.gif No really, that's what it smells like to me, like walking into a cider mill. Of course, none of that matches up with the listed notes soooooo . . .

Wet on the skin I'm still getting apple and a bit of spice and lots of tobacco. As it dries the apple mellows and gives in to the deepness of the tobacco, the tea notes start to emerge. I'm detecting just a hint of salt spray, and a floral sweetness that swiftly disappears again into the woody, malty tones of the tonka bean and tobacco.

Dry this has settled into a deep, malty tobacco with overtones of tea and the slight sweetness of apple. I absolutely LOVE it :heart:

Edit: Strange story time. So I was perming my mom's hair yesterday and as I was applying the neutralizer I thought to myself, "Hey, that smells strangely familiar. That kind of smells like one of my BPAL's . . . . . Giant Squid! This smells exactly like Giant Squid!" So now you know, Giant Squid smells like perm neutralizer :lol:

Gosh. I'm pretty cool with the scent, and I enjoy the bottle art a lot, but... Apparently this is the BPAL I am most allergic to. Benadryl gel to the rescue... And the bottle is probably off to swaps. XP

From the imp: this is what visits to my old dentist's office would smell like. :P

Slightly cleaner-ish, with a hint of clay paste... I don't even know how else to explain it. However on drydown it fades... a lot. Almost to non-existence. What remains is what I'm guessing is the cannabis, tonka and a bit of white tea, but it's very, very subtle.

Sure is an interesting blend though!

From the bottle, I definitely get the apple other reviewers have mentioned, along with something "electric" green (that's the only way I can describe it - it's definitely not grassy or mossy, but it made me say WHOA!!). I can smell a tinge of saltiness in the background, but only after really trying to pick it out. Upon application, it hit me in the face with juniper berry and cannabis blossom, and the apple sort of faded into the background. About 15 minutes later the tobacco took center stage, along with something citrus....like a grapefruit rolled in fresh soil....very earthy and inviting.

About an hour later I got hit with the juniper berry, but a very beachy juniper berry (like one that's been playing in the ocean and building sandcastles in the sun all day), and that electric green again. That's about when it stopped morphing, and soon after all but disappeared from my skin. It was full throttle for a while, and then the squid slammed on the beautiful beach- berry- green breaks.

This scent is amazing, I just really wish it had some staying power! I think I'll need to hunt down another bottle of this, since it's definitely going to be one I have to slather.

Just got a vintage bottle of this. In the bottle, it smells very sweet and spicy, like cloves and fruit punch. On my skin, I'm getting cloves and bayberry notes, and it dries down to a sort of spicy faint marine-fresh seawater scent. Still on the fence on this one, but glad that I got a bottle.