Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ResinManiac

Hedonism

HEDONISM
He who allows his day to pass by without practicing generosity and enjoying life's pleasures is like a blacksmith's bellows: he breathes but does not live. - Proverb

Awaken all of your senses with a bath that reawakens the passion of the soul.

Patchouli, ylang ylang, grapefruit, lemon, and myrrh.

The patch in this is just overwhelmingly powerful, in fact it's the only thing I really notice at first before ylang ylang follows close behind like a doddering attendant to some important royal personage. Soft in the tub, a quiet presence.

For a while the scent becomes vaguely reminiscent of Ignis, damp, warm, freshly upturned earth. Then all the sudden, the swift light shock of lemon and I'm put in mind of the lemonade sold at the local summer carnival. Grapefruit remains MIA. It makes for a weird effect all put together, like the notes can't quite seem to get along. I think I would've been happier had the Lab decided to make Omen into a bath oil instead, :( this one just isn't working for me. But hey, if you love love love Patchouli and/or are an earth sign, I say go for it.

I get ylang yland and myrrh, the patchouli is a softer, and there's a whiff of citrus, esp. at the beginning.

Summery, floral.

I've been meaning to try this one for a long time, and I finally secured some.

In the bottle I didn't smell much at all. It seemed a worrisome, thin smell, but I went ahead and made a batch of my sugar scrubs with some and then forgot about it. When I found the sugar scrub days later, it still didn't smell like much. I worried more, but as we all know the skin test is everything.

In the shower this was more a citrus scent than anything else, but it was still pretty faint. I was surprised enough to wonder if I'd gotten a bad bottle or something; I bought this one second-hand, and it's the old formula that still had some mineral oil in it.

But then after I dried myself, the scent started to pop up off my skin. It was my old buddy patchouli! The reason I wanted this one in the first place was to see if it could fill in the gap my old massage oil, Desert Essence Love Massage & Body Oil, left behind when it was discontinued. With patchouli, ylang ylang, and citrus in both of them, the match is pretty good. This isn't as intense and sweet as the Desert Essence, but I love it anyway. It's like the patchouli in Tricksy, only at least an order of magnitude lighter. And even though it's very light, the patchouli was very persistent and stayed on my skin for over 12 hours.

So now my love affair with patchouli has been rekindled, and I'm going through my stash looking for things I can layer over this bath oil. I think I need a newer bottle, though; my skin and I like the reformulated, post-mineral oil bath oils better.

:joy:

This is so good. Wonderful. I bought this a while ago and decided to bathe with it tonight...Patchouli and a hint of ylang with mostly lemon and a hint of grapefruit. Delicious. I love the scent that clings to my skin...so glad I bought this. It will see a lot of use this spring!

Have you ever written in a review of a patchouli blend that you wished you could bathe in it?  You CAN!  I had avoided Hedonism because ylang ylang is generally bad on me, but an extremely kind forumite gifted me a bottle, and it is magnificent.  Don't let the ylang put you off:  this is all about the patch.  I didn't actually bathe in it; I smoothed it all over my dry winter skin when I stepped out of the shower.  So luxurious.  It's patch patch patch on me with a little bright citrus, a breath of floral (without the bottle description, I couldn't have told you which one), and the subtle darkening of myrrh.  But mainly patch.  I feel like a hippie love goddess.  This should layer beautifully with any patchouli-forward scent. 

I got a generous decant of Hedonism in a swap, and could not wait to try in my bath.

The scent fits the theme perfectly. Heady ylang ylang and woodsy patchouli are a power couple, wrapping the senses in luxury. There is a touch of the citrus, I think more grapefruit, keeping everything from being too heavy. The myrrh must be adding to the richness. I don’t pick it out specifically, yet can imagine the effect. 
After such a sensual bath experience, I felt pampered and deserving.
More enjoyable than I expected!