Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Soothing System v1

Golden oil. Wild grape candy! Smells a lot like the released version, but not boozy. No wine. Just straight up wild grape CANDY. Sweet & syrupy.

Definitely grape candy. This smells on my skin just like a Jolly Rancher grape candy. It's syrupy, sweet, and that fake grape scent that doesn't smell anything like real grapes, but when you smell/taste it you think... GRAPE.

After a while, it turns a little plasticky on me.

Thirding the grape candy description. I'm not getting anything resembling wine on this one. Just sweet grape jolly ranchers (or something to that effect).

Grape candy with a faint hint of booze. Stays very grapey-fruity, with just a hint of that sour wine, but mostly very sugary fruitiness. Ok, but not stunning on me because that wine aspect always sours, and it's way too grapey.

I really like the released version of Soothing System (which smells like grape juice and grape flavored bubble gum on me). The prototype goes on smelling like grape cough syrup on me with an extra spoonful of sugar, and dries down to something slightly less medicinal and even sweeter. It's sweeter than the released version, to the point of being cloying on my skin.

At first, it smelled like being a child again, but I couldn't decide if that was good or bad -- it was part grape candy, but part Dimetapp, like maybe I'm a sick child. Yummy either way, though. Dried down, there's a bit of smokiness underneath, perfume-y-ness, that grounds it, and it goes pretty faint and sweet.

In the Imp (ITI):Aged Welch’s grape juice is what I get upon first sniff. There doesn’t seem to be any other notes aside from this.

Wet: I still get the same fermented grape juice. It’s okay, but not a scent I’d reach for often.

Dry: The overt sweetness of the grape has diminished, but it still smells like fermented grape juice. It doesn’t have the astringent qualities I would except with a cabernet, although a lunatic’s cabernet might very well smell like this.

Other Impressions: It smells like Dimetapp to my husband. I wholeheartedly agree.

My, my, I must agree with mymymai. This doesn't smell like wine per se, but it does smell like the grape juice has started to turn - at first it leans more towards hooch, but as it dries it comes across more like medicine. I used to love grape flavored Dimetapp (maybe my memories are biased!), but this seems less candy grape-y.