Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Poisoned Apple v2

Sniffed: Golden oil. Crisp, juicy, sweet-tart apple - a little like sour apple candy. This is straight up apple in the bottle - nothing else.

Wet: SO strong! The strongest, crispest apple note from the lab ever. I get more of the green apple sort of sourness - but I get red apple sweetness, too. It's like sour green apple candy, granny smith apples, pink lady & honeycrisp apples altogether. I almost get a hint of...soap? underneath all the appley goodness, but otherwise this is just APPLES.

Dry: The apples have baked themselves! Oh why oh why does apple do this on my skin? Fresh apple notes so often turn to baked apple or applesauce. It's sour apple candy (lightly) and baked apples now. A bit sweeter, less tart and crisp. I get little bit of a sweet note - honey? Yes, I think it's honey, though it's very light, like clover honey.

Summary: The final drydown reminds me of a honeyed version of Sugar-Slathered Candy Apple. It's light candy apple (that sour apple note holds, amazingly) with a sort of honey-caramel note on top that amps as the apple fades. It also reminds me of baked apples that have caramelised sugar on them, or maybe caramelised honey - it's a foody drydown, but light - not too sweet or rich, and I really like it. This one I shall be keeping! Moderate throw, decent longevity.

Very few apple notes hold me for more than an hour, so this is impressive. Definitely my favourite apple scent of all time. :wub2:

This one has a very green apple edge to it, as it dries it goes from a 'fresh' apple scent to more of a baked apple and there is a lingering sweetness of it like a light drizzle of honey.

Mmm. Baked apples.

I love apple scents (even though bpal's apple blends rarely work on me), so I was super-excited to get a partial decant of this. When I first opened up the vial, my hand shook, and I promptly dumped most of the oil down my laptop keyboard :/. It smelled wonderful, like tart & juicy green apples. I was horrified, and then my husband came in to rub salt in the wounds and started telling me that my perfume smelled amazing and apple-y. Then he realized what had happened and gave me a lecture about being more careful around the laptop. *sigh*

It does smell amazing and apple-y, and I just wish that I had more of it. It reminds me a bit of Possets' Pomona fragrance. It's like crisp, honeyed apples, slightly sweet & clean/perfumey smelling at the same time. I think that this is the only prototype that I've really loved, and my husband really likes it as well. I hope that I can get a full bottle of this at some point...

This has the same apple as in Snow,Glass,Apples. It was my first reaction sniffing it in the imp and on my skin and I think this may have been a study on the theme.

Drying down I do get the "baked" quality, but it always is more sharp than the rounded apple note in Sugar Slathered Candied Apple.

I'll make it a point to test the released version but I won't say no if any amount of the proto falls into my lap :yum:

Crisp green apples!!! This is the truest apple scent I've come across, it actually makes my mouth water. As it dries I do get "baked" apples more. It turns soft and warm as opposed to the crispness of the wet stages. I like this one, and normally I'm not one for fruity scents. YUM!

Strong, crisp, tart (but still a little sweet), green apples. Strong throw. Definitely the best apple scent I've tried so far! :wub:

Sharp, almost chemical apple and oak. Dries a little better, the apple softens some once on skin, but I prefer cidery apples to these tart kind. The oak is the same as in Oak King.

In bottle: It's all bright, tart green apple. Wet and beautiful in the bottle. The released version of Poisoned Apple is mostly herbs to my nose, but this is just APPLE! in the bottle.

On me: Sharp apple, a hint of herbs. It's like I just cut an apple in the garden. Beautiful.

30 minute dry down: Barely any apple is left on my skin. Instead, I get an incense/resin thing with a hint of apple, dusty wood, and something unpleasantly sour underneath it all.