Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caerphilly

The First Soft Snow

Heavy drifts of snow blanketing winter's narcissus.

This scent was not even on my radar based on it's description, but as I was sniffing down the Yule line at Will Call, The First Soft Snow stopped me in my tracks and I had to have a bottle. I'm not usually a snow OR floral fan! When I sniffed, I smelled OUTSIDE in WINTER. Just straight up outside on the edge of the woods in the cold in upstate NY. I tried to pick it out: mint? pine? fir? aquatic? No. All I got was the visual. Hauntingly beautiful and totally out of my comfort zone in the way of perfume. I may turn it into an atmosphere spray for myself.

In the Bottle:

I love the lab's narcissus note so snapped this one up. In the bottle, that wonderful, almost new plastic scent of Sol D'or narcissus - heady and rich - with a coolness blanketing everything.

On the skin:

A sumptuous rich floral and slushy snow.

On the Drydown:

Almost a fruity sweetness to this which will mellow with age. The green of the stems and leaves peek through. Just a great cool narcissus blend. Probably not a regular wear but will be enjoyed on occasion

Has the same snow note as in talvikuu, almost a candy-like mint. Actually, this is talvikuu without the headyness or woods. Has a touch of floral in there. Very sweet!