Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I got this bottle from the lovely shackjj :wub2:

In the bottle: Jasmine dominants with other florals probably present.

On skin: Jasmine with other notes.

I'm not very good with notes, as you can tell, but this is definitely a jasmine blend. Unfortunately, I'm not a jasmine fan so I'll have to swap or sell this.

In the bottle I get almost a sharp cologne type smell.

Wet on my skin I get a jasmine that is rounded out by other floral notes. I want to say lily and a wee bit of cherry blossom in the background giving off some sweetness, but I am awful at floral notes that aren't lilac and rose.

As it dries some lavender comes out and the jasmine fades quite a bit. Once it is completely dry it gets very very soft with something else, a citrus maybe?

This one has thrown me for a loop and if it didn't fade so fast on my skin would be completely wearable. The jasmine in this is not the slap you in your face jasmine and once it dries it leaves a fresh airy floral behind.

Jasmine.

That's pretty much the extent of my review on this one. Obviously it is much more complex than that, and I did manage to leave it on long enough to detect what I thought might be a touch of Honeysuckle in the blend.

Unfortunately, despite it being a fairly subtle Jasmine I found it gave me a nasty headache fairly quickly and so I was unable to test it beyond 15 minutes.

Hello Jasmine, you really like domination don't you?

This is mostly jasmine, I can smell a bit of honeysuckle and maybe magnolia?

yeah, the jasmine overpowers everything else almost completely.

Intensely floral, turning thin at the end. Great throw, just not a scent I want to wear too much!

Bottle: Jasmine, a watery sort of note I think might be lily and a touch of amber, maybe? Similar to the amber in House of Mirrors?

Wet: Strong jasmine. Very yellow floral. It reminds me a little of a less sugary Poisson D'Avril.

Dry: This is pretty and intensely wearable. The main note is jasmine and... maybe buttercup? Touch of honeysuckle, maybe some lily. I think there's a light amber or musk under this all. Very pretty and feminine. I would wear this in summer with a sundress but it's not totally out of place on this blustery winter day.

Throw: Moderate. Mostly jasmine.

Overall: This is pretty. I hope the final proto eventually gets released although I won't cry myself to sleep if it isn't. For those of us who love New Orleans (all three of us), this is a gorgeous and slightly more complex New Orleans.

ETA: So today is my first day wearing AF3 as a scent and not just skin testing. I still definitely get jasmine and a darker, probably amber note, but there is also a wee hint of lotus in here and maybe some verbena or lemon rind. It's still very pretty. A sort of swirling pink and yellow scent.

Edited by paperrose

If I had to guess at the notes in this, I'd say it smells like honeysuckle, jasmine, and a bit of sweet orange on me. It's a very yellow, sunny, warm, perfumey floral with a touch of sweetness. As it dries down, it goes slightly powdery on me, and smells like a perfumey floral dusting powder.

I'm not a huge fan of florals or classic, perfumey scents, so this isn't working for me...

I'm amping the jasmine like nobody's business, but there's a full-bodied sweet floral behind it that's really lovely. It's a very golden scent that keeps the jasmine as much in check as jasmine can ever be :). Very nice

Strong, slightly damp floral with woody-greenish tones. Not for me at all; it's instant headache just sniffing it.

Jasmine, honeysuckle and orange. I find the jasmine in this blend to be more like the whiff I get in Gun Moll as opposed to the cat-pee jasmine you find in some GC blends. The honeysuckle is pretty in this.

It's actually a very light, very spring like floral blend. Sort of what you want your skin to smell like - after taking a bath with some really nice soap and slathering some pretty lotion. Sticks pretty close to the skin.